Re: Sims 4 Update Bug

by abby_padge

Original Post

Sims 4 Update Bug

★ Novice

I don’t know if it’s my crappy wifi or what, but I was updating my game and it was going fine until it hit around 25% and then it pauses itself. After it pauses itself, it resumes and is put back to 21%. This cycle just keeps going and I really want to play! Any tips? I’ve tried using the reset origin tool too. Frown

Message 1 of 9 (786 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @abby_padge, this issue can be caused by a couple of things.

Can you try using Safe mode downloading to see if it helps:

Go to Origin>Application Settings>Diagnostics>Enable Safe mode downloading

Can you also ensure that you have the ports for Origin open on your router.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (735 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Darko 

This possibility was removed with latest update to the Origin Client.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 9 (730 Views)

★ Novice

It seems that safe download isn't an option anymore, do you have any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 9 (681 Views)

Community Manager

Did you open the ports for Origin @abby_padge?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 9 (661 Views)

★ Novice

I have an ATT router, updating the sims 4 has never been a problem. I have tried looking up how to "open ports for ATT router", but it all seems really complicated. I'm trying, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Message 6 of 9 (642 Views)

Community Manager

If you need help opening the ports @abby_padge then your ISP should be able to guide you through it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 9 (603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ever since I updated my sims4 game on my laptop, its not running right. its really, really slow and glitchy. I thought it was my laptop but ive done a complete system clean up. then I uninstalled sims and reinstalled it... I deleted all the sims data ( saved games) and none of it has helped.... is there a bug in the update? any help would be appreciated.

Message 8 of 9 (598 Views)

★★★ Newbie

dealing with the same issue.... I haven't seen anything anywhere answering why but good to know someone else has the same issue. I tried reporting to EA but they directed me here. 

Message 9 of 9 (564 Views)