Sims 4 Snowy Escape Won't Load

by Simmer120049

Original Post

Sims 4 Snowy Escape Won't Load

★★★ Newbie

Hello All!

I recently downloaded Snowy Escape on Sims 4 Mac (Origin), and in my origin game library it shows it is installed but it will not let me run it in the game. Sims 4 launches like normal, however the Sims 4 Snowy Escape pack world or items don't show up. It's acting as if the pack was never downloaded!

I also downloaded the kitting stuff pack and am experiencing the same issue.

I have disabled all CC or mods I have on the computer and have updated to the latest version of the Sims 4 and Origin and it made no difference.

Can anyone help? 

Message 1 of 2 (500 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Snowy Escape Won't Load

@Simmer120049  Are you running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  Neither Snowy Escape nor Nifty Knitting works in the LE, just like any other pack released after October 2019.

If you're not sure which version you have, load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and look along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner.  A number ending in .1220 means the standard version; .1620 means the Legacy Edition.

If you do in fact have the LE, you can try requesting a refund for the two nonworking packs from EA customer support.  Even though Sims 4 packs are considered DLC and thus are not normally eligible for refunds, support does often make exceptions in this case.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (480 Views)