Re: Sims 4 Packs not working in game +Origin Errors

by DNABleached

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Packs not working in game +Origin Errors

★ Novice

When trying to play the Sims 4 today I loaded up my game but when I went into Create A Sim non of the packs were able to be chosen. I checked my packs and it says they are all installed but they don't show up in Create A Sim at all. 

So far we've uninstalled and reinstalled origin, tried repairing the game, tried deleting the cache files for Origin and Sims 4, closed and reopened Origin and the game multiple times, however the packs are still not selectable in game. 

Now Origin is also bugging out, my display pic seems broken, the game icon picture was also broken. Closed and reopened but the issue persists. 

When going offline on Origin it no longer says we own the packs, but when online it says we do. All the packs are in my order history too. We're at a loss on what to do now Frown

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 3 (433 Views)

Accepted Solution

@DNABleached  Please clear Origin's cache and repair the game afterwards: it's helpful to repair after you clear the cache so that Origin isn't using stale data during the repair process.  Restart your computer afterwards.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Then launch the game once while Origin is in online mode and see whether your pack content shows up both in CAS and in live mode.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (425 Views)

All Replies

@DNABleached  Please clear Origin's cache and repair the game afterwards: it's helpful to repair after you clear the cache so that Origin isn't using stale data during the repair process.  Restart your computer afterwards.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Then launch the game once while Origin is in online mode and see whether your pack content shows up both in CAS and in live mode.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (426 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Boyfriend reset his pc finally after me suggesting it like 100 times and it's fixed now, phew. Sorry to be a time waster, thanks for your help though!
Message 3 of 3 (417 Views)