Sims 4 Origin In Game Disabled in Origin Client

by Yuganna

Original Post

Sims 4 Origin In Game Disabled in Origin Client

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing Sims 4 and apparently Origin in game has been disabled DESPITE the fact that it hasn't.  I haven't changed ANY of the settings in Origin and I don't know what else I can do.  Supposedly Origin had a "major" crash, but like I said I haven't changed any of my settings.  What the hell is going on?

Message 1 of 18 (11,670 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Origin In Game Disabled in Origin Client

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Yuganna

If the setting Origin In Game is enabled in Origin then go in Origin / My Game Library-right click on game icon-select Game Properties -here make sure is checked Enable Origin In Game for Sims 4.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 18 (11,601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did try that however it didn't seem to come up...the only thing that I hadn't tried was uninstalling Origin and reinstalling Origin, which actually has seemed (for the moment at least) to have fixed the issue.  I don't know how long that will last but it should stay working this time!  (I hope) Thank you for your time.

~Yuga

Message 3 of 18 (11,586 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We're welcome @Yuganna and Thank You for telling us how you solved it .,but please hit Accept as Solution for your solution.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 18 (11,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie
my origin account has made my sims4 game disappear on my games library and now I cannot find my product code on my sims 4 case and I have lost it and don't know how to get it back but the sims 4 is still on my normal home screen what do I do??? I'm so upset I cant play it anymore
Message 5 of 18 (11,507 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@chlofro25

Hi! Games does not disappear from your Origin account. It is quite common to log in to the wrong Origin account, and therefore not finding the games. Log out from Origin and try logging in using different email addresses, and you might find them! Standard smile

I you cannot find you other account, you need to contact an EA game advisor.

Go here to contact EA support: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

• In the upper right corner, choose your region. If you can't find it, choose US or UK.
  • Choose a game. If you need help with an account issue, choose Origin
  • Choose your platform
  • Choose topic and issue to give EA details. (Manage my account, missing games)
  • Click Select contact option, and hopefully you get in touch with someone fast!

Here are some tips on how to do it if it's complicated!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100

Good Luck!

Message 6 of 18 (11,498 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok so i’m having this same issue now that i’m trying to buy strangerville. I have never messed with the origin settings to turn anything off and I’ve bought many packs before with no issue. I attached a photo of the pop up I received and another photo of my settings in origin. It is green next to “enable origin in game”, however, it is slightly greyed out so that I cannot click on it, so I couldn’t turn it off even if I wanted to. Both my game and origin are current on updates. I tried restarting origin and the game. No difference. What is going on???

Message 7 of 18 (10,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If I delete it will my family’s be deleted also?

Message 8 of 18 (10,073 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem. Have you figured it out?

Message 9 of 18 (10,047 Views)

★ Novice
I am having the exact same problem. Have you figured anything out?
Message 10 of 18 (10,046 Views)