Re: Sims 4 Legacy & Non Origin code

by smcaaz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Legacy & Non Origin code

★★ Novice

Hello, I want to buy Island Living from Amazon. Since I have the legacy version on a Mac, do I just add the Non-Origin code like I have done before? I ask because when I go online on Origin, it tells me there is an update available for the Sims 4. I thought that Legacy would not be getting updates? Will it affect my game? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (271 Views)

Accepted Solution

@smcaaz  The Legacy Edition of Sims 4 functions as an add-on, so you still have the full game installed regardless of whether your computer is running the LE or not.  That's why the game still gets updates: although the LE is still the same version it was when it was released in November, the underlying game is being updated.

So yes, you can add a non-Origin code in exactly the same way as you did before.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (257 Views)

All Replies

@smcaaz  The Legacy Edition of Sims 4 functions as an add-on, so you still have the full game installed regardless of whether your computer is running the LE or not.  That's why the game still gets updates: although the LE is still the same version it was when it was released in November, the underlying game is being updated.

So yes, you can add a non-Origin code in exactly the same way as you did before.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (258 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you. Now I understand.

Message 3 of 3 (251 Views)