Sims 4 Island Living Won't Download

by LizzieReign

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Island Living Won't Download

★★★★ Novice

So... I have turned off my computer, logged out of origin.

Uninstalled and installed Origin... Repeard my game.. 

Nothing works.. 

It says it my internet connection 🙄🙄🙄

But that's not the case...... 

I live in Europe...

I did Pre-order. 

Stupid... 

Message 11 of 218 (2,386 Views)

★ Novice

same Frown

Message 12 of 218 (2,308 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got this exact bug also. I do not have any mods or anything cc - very annoying. I was so excited to play

Message 13 of 218 (2,307 Views)

★ Novice

This is what is happening to us! It just says details! We bought it earlier today and it always installs\downloads [whatever you want to call it] within 20 minutes of purchase. Its like it thinks it's already installed! I have tried everything! I know origins is doing maintenance from 9 to 11 tonight. I am wondering if there's a connection?

Message 14 of 218 (2,302 Views)

★★ Novice

9-11 what time zone?

Message 15 of 218 (2,208 Views)

Sims 4 Island Living Download issues with Origin and EA

★★ Apprentice

Hi, Rogue here. HELP! - ISLAND LIVING SIMS 4

I've been having issues with the new Island Living game and have made reports to EA and Origin, but got nothing. The game refused to download on Origin, though the game was there and ready to download (also stating that I had indeed purchased it), so I went to my account where their was a billing issue. I went to cancel order, as the money had not gone through, so I could attempt to rebuy it.

The order cancelled, however, Origin and EA and my Sims 4 game all stated that it was still purchased and it would not let me rebuy it. 

I've restarted Origin, restarted my computer, tried to repair the game, looked up online, have tried to download it several other times but no good!

What do I do please?

Message 16 of 218 (1,914 Views)

★ Novice

It's not working for me either.  The chat person told me to uninstall and reinstall in safe mode with these directions:

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

But I don't have hours to waste trying to troubleshoot this and I doubt that will work anyways but thought I'd post it in case anyone else wants to try.

I'm now asking for a refund. Ridiculous

Message 17 of 218 (2,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So, I was having the same issue as well until I came across this post on the Sims 4 forums... I think we have to wait a bit?

Edit: We do. If you click the link she provides to see when it's released in your time zone, mine is 9pm PDT.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/961152/faq-the-sims-4-island-living-release

Message 18 of 218 (2,129 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Now I'm relax, I'm not the only one has this problem, but just very unhappy about got pre-order but couldn't pre-play.

My problem looks like I do own the Island package but i can't download it.

Message 19 of 218 (2,086 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been so frustrated that I could not figure out why I could not download. Looks like you are correct. I miss understood the "June 20th" release date. US gets it last, 11PM CDT for me. Which is more like a June 21st release to me... BUT at least I now know why I couldn't download it. We shall see what happens in 30 minutes.

Message 20 of 218 (2,060 Views)