Sims 4 Island Living Won't Download

by LizzieReign

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Island Living Won't Download

★★★★★ Newbie

Oh wow, & I just googled reviews for EA and found out that it was rated the worst company Americas. Well...

Message 191 of 218 (882 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, everyone.

If you are still having difficulty accessing your The Sims 4 Island Living after purchasing it, please try clearing your Origin cache.

If you are still having difficulty downloading it after that, please reach out to our EA Help game advisors who can check on the status of your purchase. For some who pre-ordered, it was stuck processing at the time the expansion was released, which can keep the pack from being downloaded. EA Help can help clear that up for you if that was the case.

To contact EA Help:

• Go to https://help.ea.com
  • Click "Contact Us"
  • Select The Sims 4 from the game list
  • Select PC or Mac
  • Select Orders > Order not received
  • Click Select contact option

Please let us know how it goes!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 192 of 218 (859 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Arrenai That sounds like a good idea. I will give it a go. Thanks, Arrenai! :-)
Message 193 of 218 (852 Views)

★ Novice

yeah bye the time I did that my Ethernet is off I used the WIFI. prepaid.thanks

Message 194 of 218 (844 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow I canceled 2 weeks ago and it still says I own it and I can’t rebuy smh 

Message 195 of 218 (839 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah. They tell you to wait so that they can later tell you that their tool can only allow them to refund you if you request it within the hour. 

Message 196 of 218 (824 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi!!

I have a macbook pro, i was having issues downloading island living after paying for it ( contacted EA and two advisors tried to send me some instructions, which i followed and didn't work).

In a desperate plea to try and reset my base game, i uninstalled the sims 4 and now i can't even reinstall the base game again, even though it knows i own it.

Any ideas? I don't know what else to do?

Ive attached a copy of the troubleshooter txt document.

Message 197 of 218 (785 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @djmisssmith. Thanks for the attachment. It's helpful. Standard smile

I took a look at your error report, and it looks like you're on macOS 10.10.5 Yosemite. Is that correct? As it is an outdated macOS version, it can cause some issues. For that we do recommend uninstalling the standard version of Origin and to try downloading the Legacy version of Origin instead. Please give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 198 of 218 (752 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Arrenai,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you and THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Legacy version, I've downloaded it and i'm back up and running. I'm so happy!!!

Really appreciate you helping me Standard smile)

Have a great day!

Steph.

Message 199 of 218 (650 Views)

★★ Novice

i also have download issue

i pre-ordered months ago and when it came it my origin wouldn't open it keep showing me blank and now that origin is working it won't let me download. It keeps telling me i have internet issue but i don't so I deleted sims and redownload... it still won't download and won't let me rebuy... HELP

Message 200 of 218 (624 Views)