Re: Sims 4 Island Living Won't Download

by EA_Mai

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Great to know they are working on it, but i am still pretty frustrated with ea right now. Why cant they talk to their customers and let us know whats going on and that they are working on it without having to get in contact with them? That seems pretty inconsiderate to me...  

Message 81 of 218 (1,213 Views)

★ Apprentice

Spoke to another staff member My pay pal failed and it was canceled.. I had a staff reset my purchase option and I'm off to go buy it!

Message 82 of 218 (1,182 Views)

★ Apprentice

yeah, i will most likely be buying everything again Frown I currently share an account and don't have access to the email so i cant contact ea. If this is the case with my purchase then there is nothing i can do about it. really upset about that, but hopefully you can get your going! Good luck!

Message 83 of 218 (1,174 Views)

★★★ Novice

I sent EA this complaint:

I pre ordered the Island Living expansion pack for the Sims 4 on the reveal date, last night was the official launch at 11. I attempted to download the expansion for three hours, to no avail. I continued to get the 'download error' message. Upon investigating, I realised this has been happening to many players who pre ordered, but not those who have purchased upon release (ironic I know, and very frustrating).

Investigating further, I realised that my transaction for Island Living was still pending, and should have already been completed and taken out of my account as this is nearly a whole month since the purchase.

I decided to cancel the pending transaction to allow origin to recognise that I have to re-purchase the pack to then download again.
However this did not work, the transaction was cancelled, and I was still left with the outdated 'download' button, which of course was not working.

After chatting to a staff member online, I was told I have to wait another 24 hours before purchasing again.

I have waited since the reveal to play this content as have spent all of last night and this morning attempting to download it, just to be told I have to wait even longer.
The whole reason to pre order something, is to get it immediately on official release. Being told I have to wait another 24 hours is unacceptable.

Message 84 of 218 (1,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear you are running into issues to download the pack. I understand you want to play asap! The pack is now available worldwide so let me suggest some troubleshooting steps to try if you are unable to download the pack:

If you pre-ordered the game, make sure the payment was processed correctly. If the payment failed, you might want to check your payment method, cancel the pre-order and purchase the game again or get in contact with one of our advisers through EA Help: https://help.ea.com

If the payment shows as successful in your purchase history:

1. Try to download it from the 'Extra content' tab under The Sims 4 Details in Origin.
  2. Clear your Origin cache as explained here.

Still nothing? Leave a comment below sharing some details about your specific problem and what you have tried so far so we can try to help.

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 85 of 218 (1,128 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, i pre-ordered the game on release and have been trying to download it since midnight. Its currently 5:20 and still isn't working properly. I checked my payment history and it says my card has been billed but my item might not have been received. I ordered a while ago so something is wrong here. I don't want to cancel and repurchase it since it was charged to my card. I have restarted my pc multiple times but still nothing. I am very nervous right now! Frown

Message 86 of 218 (1,117 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue. I ordered it, it was properly billed and nothing happened. Tried the troubleshooting options above but nothing happened too. Is anyone even able to play or are there just some unfortunate people like us?

Message 87 of 218 (1,110 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can check again if it charged me. If it did then is it possible to get a refund for it?

Message 88 of 218 (1,109 Views)

★★★ Novice

UPDATE: I spoke to a different advisor who I gave authorisation to my account, she reset everything and I was able to re-purchase the expansion pack and download it straight away without any issues. Crisis solved. I'll never be pre ordering from EA again, that's for sure.

Message 89 of 218 (1,104 Views)

★ Apprentice

@suruatonin Seems like the problem is only here for us who pre-ordered. I dont get why Frown

Message 90 of 218 (1,112 Views)