Re: Sims 4 Island Living Won't Download

by kyliebree

Original Post

Sims 4 Island Living Won't Download

★★ Novice

I pre-ordered the Sims 4 Island Living Expansion Pack and it wont give me a download option. It simply says it is unlocked. I have reset origin as well as uninstall and reinstall but I still can't download. What is going on? I don't want to have to uninstall the entire Sims 4 game it will take hours to reinstall it plus the packs.

Message 1 of 218 (9,520 Views)

Sims 4 Island Living Not Installable

★★★ Newbie

I bought Island Living for Sims 4 and redeemed the code, but a connection pop-up occurred and there is no button to install the content. In the actual game, when I hovered over the Island Living symbol, it says download to use but I don't know how to download it. Please help as soon as possible.

Message 2 of 218 (9,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this same problem. Turns out the game won't be available for download till midnight EDT (the official launch time). After that, it should work fine. Hope this was helpful.

Message 3 of 218 (9,375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, and this was at the time that the Expansian Pack should be available. However when I logged out of Origin and logged in again, it was possible to download.

Message 4 of 218 (9,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive tried that yet still nothing ....Frown

Message 5 of 218 (9,195 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem.  Rebooting then restarting Origin had no effect. 

Guess I won't be preordering again in the future.....

Message 6 of 218 (9,162 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue too!

It refuses to download for me.

It's very annoying. Usually I wait til the day after to log in to the game, but I was so excited for this EP and decided to download it after release :P

Alas, it's not working...

Message 7 of 218 (9,147 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Im having the same problem. ive repaired the game. updated. signed out and back in. nothing works. very annoying.

Message 8 of 218 (9,126 Views)

★ Novice

go to 'My Game Library', then click on Sims 4, then click on 'more', then click on expansion packs, then scroll all the way down to Island Living and click download.

Message 9 of 218 (9,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"Download doesn't come up as an option.  Just "details".  Its like it Origin thinks its installed but the game disagrees.   Have now tried removing mods and starting a new game.  Still nothing

Message 10 of 218 (9,111 Views)