Sims 4: Get Famous won't download

by Cammeira

Original Post

Sims 4: Get Famous won't download

★★ Novice

I pre-purchased Sims 4:Get Famous back in October I believe. May have been early November. Right now it's showing as owned by me, but it won't download. All of the other expansions and packs I own download and install just fine, but Get Famous won't. It tells me to check my internet connection or try again later. I've done both multiple times, over the course of several days. It still won't download.

Message 1 of 6 (2,091 Views)

Re: Sims 4: Get Famous won't download

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Cammeira

Could you check if your order in Origin's order history has been marked as "completed"? Wondering

If it turns out that there's a problem with the order status, please reach out to our live support via EA Help - they should be able to help you out then. If that's something different, please let me know!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 6 (2,075 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having the same exact issue. I tried uninstalling Sims 4 completely from my computer and made sure all of the files for the game were deleted. I then uninstalled Origin completely and reinstalled it. I then re-downloaded all of the Sims 4 games and Get Famous wasn't on the download list. I selected it to add to queue but I was getting the same exact error message. I had pre-ordered the game pretty much announcement day. I then did as you suggested and looked at my order history only to find that it was still processing. Finally, I just canceled the order and bought it (for cheaper I might add) and now it finally will download. If anyone else is finding the same issue I suggest going through your order history and checking to see if the order went through. 

Message 3 of 6 (2,027 Views)

Sims 4 Get Famous Pre-Order cancellation...Refund?

★★★★★ Newbie

I just cancelled a pre order I had made for the sims 4 get famous because it would never download and when I went to the site where I see my orders it said it was processing still, I would like to know if I will be getting a refund for the $40 I dropped on an expansion that doesn't/ didn't work?

Message 4 of 6 (1,946 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
just wondering, did you get a refund. I am having the same issue and I would really appreciate my $40 back.
Message 5 of 6 (1,942 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @sara_conroy 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to request a refund for a single expansions Frown Our Great Game Guarantee policy includes full game downloads.

Have you tried to contact our live support like I suggested in my previous post? They still might be able to help you out with getting the DLC to download.

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 6 (1,930 Views)