Sims 4 Can't Play Island Living

by iknwplaces

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Can't Play Island Living

★★★ Novice

I pre-ordered Island Living and haven't been able to play it until today. Even though it says the EP is downloaded, when I go to manage worlds and try to enter the island world it says that the world hasn't installed. There is no download option yet it tells to download it. 

Message 1 of 5 (3,155 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Can't Play Island Living

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @iknwplaces 

Have you tried to clear Origin cache and use the repair option for The Sims 4?

Could you also check in the Expansion Packs tab on Origin if the Island Living DLC is marked as "Installed" there?

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (3,129 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @iknwplaces 

Have you tried to clear Origin cache and use the repair option for The Sims 4?

Could you also check in the Expansion Packs tab on Origin if the Island Living DLC is marked as "Installed" there?

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (3,130 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I have the Sims 4 on an Xbox one and I went into the Microsoft store and bought the island living expansion pack for the sims 4. After waiting for a while it said it was downloaded and ready to play. I went into the Sims 4 and looked at my expansion pack and it said I owned the pack. I went into the create-a sim and went to see what I got new and it said I got nothing new and that I did not get any clothes. I thought maybe I just had to turn my game off and my console so I did, I turned my console back on and went back to the game. So then I went back to the create-a Sim and the same thing happened again. I am highly confused about what is happening. I have spent the last 4 hours trying to get this game to work and so that I can use my new expansion pack that I just bought. But after a little searching it says that I halve to reset the sims 4 and I don't know how to do that?

Message 3 of 5 (2,992 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @27e5e2 in a situation such as this, the first thing to do is ensure that your console and game are fully up to date.

If that makes no difference then clearing the cache and powercycling your console is next.

You can do this easily enough by following the steps below:

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely.
  2. Unplug the power cable from your console and then press and hold the power button on the Xbox a number of times to clear the cache.
  3. Plug your power cable back in and turn your Xbox back on.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (2,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@iknwplaces u got to close it then re open ur game
Message 5 of 5 (2,785 Views)