Re: Sims 4 Build-a-bundle changing price after entering CC info

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Community Manager

The best thing to do  @Jennago is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 11 of 20 (11,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having the same issue right now. 

Advertised as $44.07.

I add City Living, Strangerville, and Spooky Stuff, enter CC info, then it tells me the price is $54.35.

It should be $47.93 with the 8.75% sales tax where I am.

When I asked support they told me sales tax is charged individually on each item. (Which they ABSOLUTELY AREN'T if you do the math)

Okay, fine. That still only adds up to $48.25 assuming tax is charged on the 37% off prices of each item.

Even with the full prices being charged tax, it still only adds up to $50.19.

So what's with the bait and switch pricing here, EA/Origin?

Message 12 of 20 (2,256 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @KrystynSim,

I've posted an explanation here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/False-advertising-on-bundle-packs/m-p/8170...

It seems to be cache related, could you try clearing the cache and try again? You could also try it via the browser (clear cache if the price differs).

Jason.png
Message 13 of 20 (2,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the Expansion pack + Game pack + stuff pack for $59.95 build a bundle. The first three times I tried it tried to say the final cost was $94(ish), but after looking for a solution online, and the page freezing when I tried to get EA support, I tried again and it just worked properly. So if anyone else has this problem it could be a temporary glitch - I would suggest waiting a bit and trying again in half an hour.

Message 14 of 20 (2,196 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team
@Monsterbaby92 Thanks for sharing Standard smile
Jason.png
Message 15 of 20 (2,175 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay so I have this problem too. 

On the website it says the bundle is 28% off but then on the app it says its 43% off. So I was like oh cool it's cheaper on the app but when you enter your cc information and go to pay it comes up way higher. I did the math and it's only 28% off not the 43% as advertised.

I've used the live chat and it was not helpful at all. I also had two phone calls and they were also not helpful at all. All the guy told me the second time was that it was a glitch and that they couldnt do anything about it. But that is total bs and I'm mad. If they're advertising it as 43% off it should be 43% off! 

Message 16 of 20 (2,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On sunday the game was sims 4 game was $10.00 and I wanted to buy the sims 4 expansion pack for $20.00 and then I saved up about $40.00 and then the day after my birthday I was excited to buy it. And now the price jumped to $39.99. Like wth.

Message 17 of 20 (1,901 Views)

@Dragonhunter710  I don't know what country you're in (there are a few that use dollars), but I'm seeing the Sims 4 base game offered for $6 U.S. right now on origin.com.  It looks like expansion packs are $20 each as well.  This sale ends January 13 at 10 am PST (1800 GMT).

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/deals/holidaysale

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 20 (1,893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had the same problem! Is so frustrating Frown

I was charged an extra amount for the bundle, and they insist is Tax, nevertheless, when you purchase the item by itself, there is "no tax" (the tax is included in the price showing in Origin).

I do not understand why Origin shows the price with Tax on their individual Sims game, but they do not include the Tax in the Bundle. This is obviously to mislead the customers.

I first purchased the bundle with an increase in the price of 2 dollars. I thought "cool, tax". Then I got charged 3 dollars (of course, I cannot prove this because I did not take a screen capture of that last page of my purchase), but I did not approve for that last amount that was charged to me.

Before seeing the final amount, I purchased one of the games individually, and I was charged the same amunt as per Origin, and here is when I realized!

How is it that I got charged Tax with the Bundle (and a final price I did not agree on!), but not with the individual game? (yes, I'm aware there is tax in both, but the tax is not included with the price of the Bundle, while it is included in the price of the individual games).

The Customer Service insists that my final amount is correct due to Tax, but even the amount they provide do not match, so I don't know what is going on, and they are not helping me figure out why I was charged an amount that I did not agree on, and why the prices in Origin do not reflect tax consistently.

Message 19 of 20 (1,756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

not likely. i've been on chat live today with the same issue. they wont refund me unless they see a screenshot of the exact titles in the bundle - aka you'd have to return them and repurchase and screenshot every single page in the ordering process..

Message 20 of 20 (1,598 Views)