Sims 4 Build-a-bundle changing price after entering CC info

by Mocker000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Build-a-bundle changing price after entering CC info

★★ Novice

Switches from the fixed price to a new price based on the discounts or not.

For instance, Get Famous + a game pack +a stuff pack increases the price to nearly $66. However, choosing currently discounted packs can drop the price to $45 or so.

price.png

It does this AFTER you enter your CC info.

Also, your online chat help was...less than helpful...

you
Alright. The Origin store is pulling a price switcheroo, though
Karan
Alright
Karan
Could you please elaborate the issue so I can understand the issue better and assist you in the best possible manner.
you
In the build a bundle promotion, it quotes a price of $49.98, but when finalizing checkout, it gives a price of $65.97
Karan
I can see, it must be upsetting for you that you facing issue with origin promotion. Please don’t worry, I will try my best to
get this issue resolve for you.
you
hmm...switching the packs around can get the price down to under $45...there seems to be a few bugs in the store coding
Karan
Mate. you must have add some non promotional games into your cart, please check it and let me know.
you
it's the build-a-bundle...you literally click on any expansion pack, any game pack and any stuff pack and it's supposed to be a fixed
price
Karan
Alright
Karan
Thank you!
Karan
I have discussed your issue with my supervisor and mentioned that you have been a great player throughout the game
and also a valuable customer of EA
Karan
So on my recommendation and discussing with the team and putting an extra efforts for you I am going to grant you 15%
origin discount code only for you!
Karan
I hope this will help you out.'
you
I could see the current sales knocking a few bucks off some of the combos - but it shouldn't ever be higher than the quoted price
Karan
I will share this feedback with my senior team to develop this feature in the next game. We really appreciate your
feedback, it will help us in improving our service. We are dedicated to provide the best gaming experience. I hope, you
understand my compulsion.
Karan
It seems that you're away from your keyboard. Please respond if we are still connected or I may have to end this session
from my end.
you
still here
Karan
As i have tried it from my account i didn't see any change in the price.
you
the price only changes after entering CC info
Karan
Si I request you to go on the sims 4 builder bundle and then add the pack into your cart.
Karan
I did that as well.
you
hang on a sec
Karan
Yes please
you
nope - same as in screenshot. build-a-bundle quote $50, finalize checkout price $65
Karan
Thank you for that!
Karan
As you can see if top left corner you added the sims 4 that's why you charging 49$
Karan
and below you have added the get famous that's why you are charging 69$
Karan
I hope you understand
Karan
65$**
you
no - the sims 4 itself cannot be added to the build-a-bundle
you
just 3 things: 1 expansion, 1 game pack, 1 stuff pack
Karan
For that you will be charged 65$ only as the price mentioned below in the screen shot.
you
yet the build-a-bundle is supposed to be a FIXED price of $49.98. There is NO base game in the screenshot
you
well - screenshotS - the horizontal bit is the before entering CC info, the vertical bit is after
Karan
Alright
Karan
I have a series of very effective troubleshooting steps.Once you do try those steps, trust a gamer that your issue will be
resolved and you won't be experiencing the issue again.
Karan
The same fix has worked for many players so I am sure this will work for you as well.
Karan
It seems that you're away from your keyboard. Please respond if we are still connected or I may have to end this session
from my end.
Karan
It seems that you're no longer connected to this session. As informed above, I am going to end this session from my end
now. Please feel free to contact us back if you still need assistance.
you
still here. just not always keeping focus
Karan
+would there be anything else I can help you with?
you
you haven't told me the solution yet
Karan
We dont have any solution for that!
Karan
Rest on my recommendation and discussing with the team and putting an extra efforts for you, However, for now, our
studio team have asked for issues like this to be posted up on our forums so they can answer accordingly. If you post
your issue and in-game questions on the forum (which is frequently visited by developers & players), they could reply with
a solution.
you
was "I have a series of very effective troubleshooting steps.Once you do try those steps, trust a gamer that your issue will be
resolved and you won't be experiencing the issue again." intended for another person?
Karan
You didnt reply that time i guess?
you
was just waiting to hear what you were going to say
Karan
To be honest its a kind of insult if someone is keep on telling you something and you didn't even bother.
you
wow. really? you kept telling me I was wrong, told me that I had done something impossible, and you're upset that I didn't respond
to a statement that implied you were about to say something else?
Karan
Once again, I apologize, but I will not be able to do what you are requesting. If you do not have any other issues that I
can assist you with that are not related to this, than I will have to politely disconnect this chat.

Message 1 of 20 (10,569 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Build-a-bundle changing price after entering CC info

Community Manager

The best thing to do  @Jennago is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 20 (11,405 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Mocker000 sorry to see that you have had issues.

The issue would appear to be that Get Famous is no included in the current offer, when I went to the store the Expansion packs on offer are Seasons, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work and Get Together. Would you mind trying to make a bundle again but add one of those games in place of getting Famous and see if the discount is applied correctly.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 20 (10,536 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes - adding one of the other expansion packs actually discounts the price lower than the fixed price (since they're currently on sale)

However - if the new expansion is NOT included in the build-a-bundle offer...then it should NOT be listed as an option on the build-a-bundle page. That's simply false advertising.
Message 3 of 20 (10,528 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is making me awfully mad. I went out of my way to go out and buy an EA game card worth $60, since I do not have a credit card. I was expecting to have more than enough to buy the bundle including get famous since the price advertised with 28% off was around $49. But once I went through all my efforts, I can't even buy it? After I added in the card, it said I had to use a credit card to finish the remaining $20 since the order now appeared to be $70? This is just simply wrong and there is no deal into making a buddle. Stop the false advertising. I don't want to support scammers.

Message 4 of 20 (10,443 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the same issues!!!! I was just about to buy the get famous expansion pack, at the checkout it said I can buy a bundle to 'save money'. So added the extra bits, went to checkout and paid. Realised I had been charged £59!! Spoke to someone on live chat and they basically said I can not have a refund for anything as I already bought it and the get famous pack is not included in the bundle. Even though it was falsely advertised as a bundle for £49.97 and THEY were the ones that advertised to me to purchase it. I asked to speak to someone higher up.... nope. I then asked to speak to someone on the phone, funnily enough phone lines dont operate at the weekends. The chat was then ended becuase they apparently provided me with a 'solution'.

They are scammers, and I said I would be taking this further as they are false advertising. And this no refund thing is absolutly appaling. I am so upset as I had saved up money for this and I have no ended up paying way over what I origionally wanted to spend. Might not be a lot to some people, but its the principle. I explained that I would understand if it was my fault but I was wrongly duped into spending more money. Wonder how many other people this has happened to.

Message 5 of 20 (10,425 Views)

★★ Novice

new price.png

Oh, look...it's the advertised price now. Guess one of their lawyers noticed.

Good luck getting the price difference refunded.

Message 6 of 20 (10,379 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It seems they are at it again because right now Bundles are listed as $39.98 on site but when you go to check-out it jumps to $49.98. This is absolutely ridiculous. My first chat adviser suggested deleting cookies and restarting my computer (hint it didn't work but I thought I would give it a shot). The second representative told me that its because they have to add tax to the bundle, there is clearly no tax listed on the checkout screen! And even if so are they really trying to tell me that the tax rate is over 20 percent?! If so why doesn't pricing on anything else on the site change to include tax when you go to check out? 

EA is pulling some shady business practices that's all I have to say. I wouldn't even be that upset if they would just admit "Oops we have that listing wrong we should fix it." instead they try to pull a blatant run around on customers.

Message 7 of 20 (10,293 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You are correct, they are doing it again. I went to go build a bundle, which I had went out specifically and bought $40.00 worth in my EA account, and the price on the bundle JUMPS twenty dollars worth at checkout! What the heck EA?! I have loved the Sims for a very long time and this is very disheartening to see this type of practice in a company. I was so excited to finally get the "Get Famous" pack along with Vampires (which I absolutely adored in Sims 3) and the cute patio stuff. Nope. Even when I tried switching the stuff pack to Romantic Garden, which is on sale, the price was still the same. I don't know what to do at this point. I had thought their anniversary sale would still be going, again a big nope, sale ended. This really just sucks. 

Message 8 of 20 (10,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Similar thing happening to me. I go to build my bundle and it shows a price of $39. I'm not even adding Get Famous, I'm doing Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, and Perfect Patio. When I enter my CC info, jumps to $49.99. I chatted with an "adviser" and they told me that the cache has not yet cleared from a sale that had ended. I'm on the Origin client on PC and they wouldn't match the price. It's insane that they're not even checking their client before updating it to the public and won't even honor their own false advertising. 

Message 9 of 20 (10,132 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just ordered a build a bundle and it skipped all the discounts and charged me full price. I pressed on get the deal and it didn't let me get the deal then I accidently paid for it before I realised. Can I be refunded to the get the deal price? Chat is not working on EA support and there is no other way I can see to ask for help Frown

Message 10 of 20 (9,204 Views)