Sims 3 wont launch for me

by StoneHxndz

Original Post

Sims 3 wont launch for me

★★★ Newbie

I have just brought the sims 3 and after i have finished downloading the client when i go to start it up i am met with either waiting for the program to respond or having to close out the program.I have attached a dxdiag to the post so you can see that all my drivers and graphic cards are up to date.i have turned on net framework 3.5 and still to no avail the game refuses to start.Please help

Message 1 of 7 (744 Views)

Re: Sims 3 wont launch for me

@StoneHxndz  Can you let me know exactly where in the process Sims 3 is freezing, or crashing, or whatever it's doing, and any error messages you see?  (A screenshot of an error would be great.)  It also looks like Origin is having issues.  Try clearing its cache, and if that doesn't work, uninstalling it "the hard way" and reinstalling (not your games, just Origin).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Please make sure that your antivirus/firewall has exceptions for both origin.exe and TS3.exe.

If none of this helps, try launching the game while your computer is completely offline.  Sign into Origin, put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (724 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict how do you turn off the antivirus for origin?
Message 3 of 7 (631 Views)

@monopolyguy16  The exact way to do it depends on your antivirus.  Normally, the test is to disable it entirely and then see whether Origin and/or your game will run properly.  Of course it's best not to have anything else running while you test, since your system won't be protected.  But if it works, you set an exception for Origin.exe in your antivirus, and you may also need to set an exception for the executable for whatever game you're playing.

If you're having trouble with a particular game, it's best to ask on the forum for that game.  People there will know best how to help you.

Message 4 of 7 (611 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict hey i found the netowrk frame 3.5 and the directx9 but i dont know which file to download it from
Message 5 of 7 (490 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpjz0818 or which file to download it too, like where to put it?
Message 6 of 7 (489 Views)

@jpjz0818  Since this thread is a couple years old, let's continue in the other thread where you posted instead.  I'll lock this one now.

Message 7 of 7 (485 Views)