Sims 3 won't install! (MAC)

by macross5599

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 won't install! (MAC)

★★ Novice

EA helped me solve the issue. For some reason it was not showing the right code for my base game. For all whom might have issues with installation in the future, make sure its the code for your base game. For some reason, it was giving me the code for World Adventures and not the base game.

Message 21 of 34 (1,532 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hello! Excuse me, please, I'm quite desperate and I've decided to ask for your help, too. I'm reinstalling TS3 on my iMac (High Sierra) after numerous game crushes. And, similarly to the others, my download in Origin is frozen at the status "Frozen" , the button being inactive. I tried using the EA instruction about running the .dmg file, but there's not basic game .dmg on my computer. So, do you think there's a way for me to finalize the finalizing and play the game? I haven't experienced such big problems with TS3 for all my years playing it since 2013, and now it is such a disaster - a month ago I reinstalled TS3 from Origin, everything worked except for custom content
Message 22 of 34 (1,496 Views)

@Demsasha  Please run the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Restart your computer, and download just the base game, no packs.  If the download works, great, go ahead and install.  If it gets stuck again, then yes, you can install by launching the .dmg.  But that only works if the installer is in fact fully downloaded.

Open a Finder window, and click Macintosh HD (or whatever you've renamed your hard disk) in the left panel.  If you don't see it, click Finder in the upper left corner of your screen, then Preferences > Sidebar, and check the box next to Hard disks, in the Devices category.  Open Macintosh HD, then Library > Application Support > Origin > DownloadCache, and you should see a folder labeled with a string of numbers.  Inside should be a ~6 GB .dmg file.  Drag that to your desktop and double-click to open it.

To actually install the game, you'll need your CD key.  In Origin, open your game library, right-click (or hold down the crtl key and click) on the Sims 3 icon, and select Game Properties.  The CD key is the same 20-character product code you'll need to provide the installer when it asks.

Once the base game is installed, please run the Super Patch (digital download version) to manually patch it to 1.67.

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-manual-super-patch-for-mac-1-67/

Test the game, and let me know whether you get the unknown error.  If you get the server error, that's fine for now—you can fix it by installing almost any pack.  But some of the packs need their own workarounds, so please list the ones you'd like to install.

By the way, you can run the Origin reset tool any time it's stuck finalizing or downloading, or doesn't load properly.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 34 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem did you ever get an answer back?

Message 24 of 34 (1,290 Views)

@josweetie  This thread is a bit old, so it would be easier if you made your own thread and described exactly what happens when you try to install Sims 3.  A screenshot or two of any error messages would also be helpful.

Message 25 of 34 (1,268 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict yeah my steam library is shrinking too :/
Message 26 of 34 (772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @puzzlezaddict maybe you can help me as well since the EA Support is unable to help me with this case. 

As you suggested, I searched for the DownloadCache but its empty! How can this happen and what can I do now in oder to install the game correctly. 

Your help is very much appreciated!

Message 27 of 34 (602 Views)

@11eugene11  What issue are you seeing?  If you're trying to install Sims 3 on a Mac running Catalina or Big Sur, please make sure you're downloading the 64-bit version, since the 32-bit version won't run.

DL 64-bit.png

If you don't have that in your account, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version be added.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you have a different issue, please describe it, and post a screenshot of any error you see.

Message 28 of 34 (586 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My game keeps crashing so I'm not playing Sims 3 anymore

Message 29 of 34 (582 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

Sims 3 64 bit will run on Mac Book 2017, i5, Intel HD 6000, Big Sur?

Message 30 of 34 (437 Views)