Sign out of EA account on Xbox

by Wacka_v2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sign out of EA account on Xbox

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, is there really no way to sign out of an EA account on xbox. My EA account was signed out of and forced to do a password reset, however, the issue is the email linked is long gone as I am unable to recover it (made the email as a kid and yea I dont remember anything about it). At this point I do not mind losing it and all data as I only played apex tbh and was mostly f2p. I want to play on a new EA account but since theres no sign out, I cannot do that. As of now because of the password issue and lost email I am essentially perma locked from any current and future EA multiplayer games on my xbox account. Any help is appreciated, as I said I dont mind starting from scratch, I just want my xbox account to be on this account since i have my info in check for this account so that I can play EA games again. If possibly needed I can provide photos of ownership of the xbox account and email to show the xbox email matches this accounts email. 

Message 1 of 13 (13,885 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sign out of EA account on Xbox

Community Manager

Hey @Wacka_v2 

Once an external account (like Xbox, PS, etc) is linked with an EA Account it does stay linked to that account for various reasons. If you are unable to access that EA Account it is linked to and need to see about unlinking your Persona you will need to reach out to an EA Advisor for them to further investigate. 

We are unable to assist with account changes on the forums, so reaching out to an Advisor will allow them to check further, please keep in mind there are always limitations, If you have further questions you can check out our helpful links below. 

Link Console account to EA Account

Information About Persona transfers

Regards, 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (13,863 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Wacka_v2 

Once an external account (like Xbox, PS, etc) is linked with an EA Account it does stay linked to that account for various reasons. If you are unable to access that EA Account it is linked to and need to see about unlinking your Persona you will need to reach out to an EA Advisor for them to further investigate. 

We are unable to assist with account changes on the forums, so reaching out to an Advisor will allow them to check further, please keep in mind there are always limitations, If you have further questions you can check out our helpful links below. 

Link Console account to EA Account

Information About Persona transfers

Regards, 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 13 (13,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

*snip*

EDIT by EA_Jason: Removed all caps. 

Message 3 of 13 (13,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried for two months with your "support" team to do this and they refused to tell me how. They kept telling me they couldn't do anything because I didn't have the right credentials, which is why I am trying to sign in to a new account. I cant tell you information from something I created over a decade ago but your support team ignored everything I said and just kept reaping the same lines over and over again. 

Message 4 of 13 (12,377 Views)

★ Guide

Welcome to the club @Tcross11... EA has a serious issue with locking their users out of their own games but we've gotten nowhere here on the forum or with support.

@EA_Illium - any luck maybe interfacing with someone at EA to look into this issue beyond what's available and clearly not working for users with level 1 support?

Message 5 of 13 (12,316 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the exact same issue. Initially had a xbox, moved over to a ps4 about 8 years ago with a new ea account. 

Got a new xbox series s but it keeps resetting my ea password but it's sent to a email address I've not got access to.

I've tried chat but have no luck getting past the account security, asking me for last purchase and card details from over 8 years ago! No idea. Means I can't play any online games for ea anymore.

Message 6 of 13 (11,211 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @markjohnson259  the best thing to do for issues such as this is  to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

If you cannot verify account ownership then there is nothing that we or anyone else can do to help you get access to your account.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a phone or chat adviser:

Click on your product APEX

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or call

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 13 (11,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had a similar issue with linking my Xbox account to an apparent different ea account and losing all of my stuff on apex. When I contacted support, they told me they couldn’t do anything without access to my old email, which is long gone and unrecoverable since it was deleted 2+ years ago. I firmly told them that I could give them any information to verify my identity but they still maintained their inability to help in any regard. So here I am having lost all of my stuff even things I payed for and they have no recourse as to fixing the problem. This is extremely frustrating and will certainly make me think twice before ever playing another ea title again. 

Message 8 of 13 (10,323 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Why make it seem like we as players are thieves?  Why can't e.a find a better way? You want us to provide you with  ip address info,  credit card info, last purchase, phone number date of birth, and billing zip code. Ip address is no ,problem, date of birth is no problem,  even mailing address is no problem. But you want players to remember c.c info, phone number, and last purchase information on an email that has been deactivated for over half a decade? Get real. 90% of your players grow up and have changed credit cards (credit cards expire btw). So what you're saying is that E.a is 100% ok wi5h players not being able to play their games? Make that make sense

Message 9 of 13 (9,341 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been trying for a year 

Message 10 of 13 (9,337 Views)