Sign in is currently unavailable in Origin

by Aeroncandy

Original Post

Sign in is currently unavailable in Origin

★★ Novice

Hello, I have been trying for a week now to log in to my Origin account and there is a message that keeps appearing that says "Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

This happened the moment I purchased a game and tried downloading it to my PC. 

I tried uninstalling and installing Origin , and rebooting my PC but nothing happened. 

Some help please..

Message 7 of 12 (1,112 Views)

Origin making computer shutdown

★★ Novice

I have Windows 7, and a pretty decent gaming machine.

I've played Sims 4 (as well as other games) for years, on this computer. I was playing Sims 4 after the City Living expansion, no problem. Stopped playing. Started again last week to play with the toddlers.

But now I can't. If Origin is open for ~30 minutes it makes my computer shut  down. My computer is not overloading, I played other games I have installed for over an hour with high intensity graphics and no issues at all. And, as I said, I was playing City Living like a month ago with no problems. Uninstalled Origin today, and Sims 4, completely.

While Origin was open to download Sims 4 my computer turned off again. While I was searching the internet. So Origin is definitely the issue.

Not getting any error messages, no shutdown screens. The computer is playing one second, completely off the next. 

It seems from a quick search of the forum that this is not a new issue, but it also seems like no one actually got anything useful to FIX this problem.

Help :\

Message 1 of 12 (1,432 Views)

Re: Origin making computer shutdown

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @brytewolf

Clear Origin cache https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/ 

Ensure that your Firewall and/or Antivirus are not blocking the connection. The easiest way would be adding an exception for the Origin Client.

You need to do this,add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/#1

Perform a Clean Boot  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Run the setup file Origin with Admin rights  http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 12 (1,414 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello @yahel_1

Thank you for your response! I tried everything you suggested, and my computer was still shut down after about 30 minutes.

Message 3 of 12 (1,401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

OK @brytewolf

1.First thing to do, check the BIOS settings,go in BIOS and give a Set To Defaults to settings.Now check .

2.Or/and temperature increases greatly in your machine.You need to check this obligatory.

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 12 (1,385 Views)

★★ Novice

@yahel_1

I never mess with BIOS. BIOS is set the same way it was when I put the computer together 3 years ago. It's set the same way it was 3 weeks ago when I was playing City Living with no problems.

It's definitely not an overheating problem. After it happened the first time, I assumed this straight off. I was checking while I was playing, and it was running cool the entire time. Also - it happens while Origin is just sitting idle on my computer and I'm surfing the internet. 

And I can play other graphically intense video games (as in raids with ~25 people and specular effects everywhere) and not have a single error even though I play for hours.

It is just Origin/Sims 4. And it just started happening after I installed the Toddler patch.

I did a clean install of both and it still happens.

Message 5 of 12 (1,373 Views)

@brytewolf

To isolate the problem deinstall The Sims 4 again and test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 12 (1,364 Views)

Re: Sign in is currently unavailable in Origin

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Aeroncandy.

The best thing to do when this occurs takes a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 12 (1,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried everything you wrote but nothing changed... AAny other way ? @EA_Darko 

Message 9 of 12 (1,040 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko  Days have pasted and no new answer from you and now I can't even play Sims today which I was playing just fine until yesterday. I have tried all the steps that you mentioned and it keeps getting worse. 

If there is no solution to that then please tell me how can I get a full refund for all the games I've bought but can't play anymore. Thank you

Message 10 of 12 (917 Views)