Re: Seriously who writes the patch notes?

by Straatford87

Original Post

Seriously who writes the patch notes?

★★★ Newbie

Most Recent

Version 10.5.37
  • We played around with one too many mirrors and caused “Related Products” and “You Might Also Like” recommendations to show up multiple times on game pages. The mirrors (and the doubles) have been removed & returned to the stranger who lives beneath the opera house.
  • The privacy links & policy documents in the Origin sign-up process got scrambled after someone rolled a 6 and sent a stampede through the site. We fixed the affected links, rolled a 10 and ended that wildly dangerous game.
  • There was a bug where voice calls continued after the Chat Tab was closed. Disembodied voices belong only in haunted houses, so we saged the place and now it’s in working order.
  • Enchanted arrows got mixed in with the arrows in active chat windows, causing them to disappear & preventing users from toggling. The boy responsible has collected his magic arrows & returned to hunting with his heavily tattooed father.
  • The Apex installer appeared disabled during downloads after Caustic dropped one too many nox grenades in the break room. The installer has been decontaminated and Caustic’s weapon pack will now be checked at the door.
  • The Voice Settings menu displayed a Voice Chat Indicator setting that had no function. Mirage or phantom, the inert setting has since disappeared…spooky.
  • Put away your monocles and opera glasses because we’ve got you taken care of: the zoom level is now automatically adjusted to fit your browser window size, even on 4K monitors!
  • It took dodging some spiky blades and other booby traps, but the game library now accurately reflects ownership of The Sims 4 Standard Edition for Premier users who own The Sims 4 Vault Edition. Take that, giant rolling boulder!

Why do you insist on writing all this nonsense rather than just stating what's been fixed? I don't care about all this kooky wacky * with enchanted arrows getting mixed in, I literally couldn't care less, just tell me plainly and clearly what you've fixed.

Oh, and also, if you're going to release an update with all this nonsense in the patch notes can you at least make it benign rather than forcibly taking me offline? I've restarted origin like 30 times and it still keeps popping up with 'You're in Offline Mode, Restart now to get the latest version' like seriously what kind of whack job are you doing to host the service this badly?

Message 1 of 7 (472 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback @TacticalBazza.

Personally, I like that the patch notes aren't just a mountain of technical jargon and that someone has gone to the effort to make it a little fun. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (419 Views)

EA DICE Team

@TacticalBazza 

I agree we could do a better job of highlighting changes per client update. It's something we're actively looking into now - so thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

Message 3 of 7 (395 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah, I find them kinda entertaining.
Coders gotta some fun one way or the other, no?
Message 4 of 7 (390 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Poodleinacan 

While I'm glad to hear they are entertaining, per @TacticalBazza it means we can strike a better balance between fun and informative.

Message 5 of 7 (388 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They're not even clever. They sound like they were written by a 12 year old, and make it so much more time-consuming to see what was actually changed. 

I'm also getting the endless "restart to update" messages. Has anyone posted a fix for this?

Message 6 of 7 (372 Views)

Community Manager

It's just a bit of fun @jackrusselltime and as @Straatford87 said we will pass any feedback on.

If you are having an issue then let us know the details of what is occurring and we will do what we can to help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (353 Views)