Re: [SOLVED] Origin won't go online or load anything

by ginnybee03

Original Post

[SOLVED] Origin won't go online or load anything

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

[MAC] Starting April 25th, 2019, my Origin app won't go online or load anything once it loads up. All I see are gray bubbles on the left and gray boxes on the right. I am on a MacBook Pro (late 2012) and haven't been able to find any solutions to my problem. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times, resetting/unplugging my modem/router, disconnecting/reconnecting to WiFi, and clearing Origin cache. My WiFi is working on every other device in my apartment (i.e PS4, phones, etc.). Now, it has gotten to the point to where I can't even log in on the Origin website, even though I could earlier in the day. When I try, I get a notification box saying something along the lines of "log in not available at this time, please try again later." I am still able to load up my game (Sims 4) but when the time comes, I won't be able to repair/update my game or purchase and download new expansion packs.

Could Origin servers just be down? I looked at other forums/discussions on this site to see if any others were having this problem, and apparently this has been an issue since 2013!

I am an avid Sims 4 player and have every expansion pack to date. I've spent WAY too much money for this to be an issue!

Is anyone else having this problem? I really need a solution that actually works!

And no, I don't have any firewalls or anything of the sort that could be interfering.

[SOLUTION]

Okay, so I saw something about how proxy servers can be a reason for this happening and how to fix it in a forum that was for PC instead of Mac users. I did a little digging and found out how to check proxy servers on Mac. Turns out, I did have a proxy server checked. Closed Origin app, unchecked the proxy server box, reopened Origin app, and ta-dah! It worked! Here are the steps:

- Close Origin app

- Click Apple > System Preferences in top left corner

- Click Network

- Click Advanced in bottom right

- Click Proxies

- Uncheck any boxes

- Click Apply

- Reopen Origin app

Hope this helps, fellow gamers! Wink

Message 1 of 15 (8,947 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @chlocraft 

Thanks for taking the time to share your solution with us! :eahigh_file:

I hope it'll be useful for many Mac users with this problem, who might visit our forum.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 15 (8,892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yup nooooooooope it does not work it basicaly killed my wifi and now i cant get back on thank you sooooooooooo much

Message 3 of 15 (8,734 Views)

★ Novice

Omg thank you!! Finally something that worked!

Message 4 of 15 (8,621 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for posting this!! I tried so many other things to try and fix the issue with no luck! But your solution finally did the trick! 

Message 5 of 15 (8,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@chlocraft OMG!! I’ve been trying for months to fix this issue. Now that I have time, I figured I’d look into this further. I stumbled upon your post and tried the steps and FINALLY IT WORKED!! Thank you so much for your post! Now that I’m inside, I have to reload my product code. Fingers crossed, I hope I don’t run into any further issues. Again, thank you!!
Message 6 of 15 (3,929 Views)

★ Novice
@chlocraft IT WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Message 7 of 15 (3,749 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
@chlocraft Oh god bless you
Message 8 of 15 (2,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!!!!!

Message 9 of 15 (2,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You literally saved me! All other solutions were way too complicated. This fixed it instantly and so easy! Thank you!!!

Message 10 of 15 (2,326 Views)