SOLUTION: Something went wrong during the installation. Please reinstall Origin.

by Daho0n

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SOLUTION: Something went wrong during the installation. Please reinstall Origin.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

UPDATED (last update broke the solution. Added what fixed it for me)

New solution (worked for me):

1) Uninstall Origin

2) Remove any Origin folders in the following locations:

* The folder you installed Origin in (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin or C:\Program Files\Origin)

* C:\ProgramData\Origin 

* C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Origin 

* C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Origin 

* C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Origin 

3) Restart

4) Reinstall Origin (from https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe )

Please post your results or solutions for others to read. Yes, Origin sucks. No, I don't work for EA. This is just what have worked for me. Thanks (:

Message 1 of 49 (52,842 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SOLUTION: Something went wrong during the installation. Please reinstall Ori

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes, happened to me too at last update Confusedmileyfrustrated: Added how I fixed it. Hope it will work for others too.

1) Uninstall Origin

* The folder you installed Origin in (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin or C:\Program Files\Origin)

3) Restart

4) Reinstall Origin (from https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe )

View in thread

Message 8 of 49 (58,398 Views)

All Replies

Re: SOLUTION: Something went wrong during the installation. Please reinstall Ori

★★★★ Novice

I friend of mine bought an SSD a long time ago. But he had trouble uninstalling Origin. Don't worry we figured this out a long time ago and he's up and running.

But everyone should know that this works and thumbs up for OP to bring this up.

Message 2 of 49 (52,716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Message 3 of 49 (52,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's still not working for me.

Message 4 of 49 (52,610 Views)

★★ Novice

As always, new origin update, origin gives me this error.

You perfectly know that this happens in 64 bits systems with ssd, but obviously you don't care.

I also don't care anymore about your games. When I pay for a game I expect to be able to play it when I want.

I will never buy a EA game or dlc again.

Message 5 of 49 (52,569 Views)

★ Novice

This problem is NOT solved. The above solution does NOT work. The program immediately updates no matter what version I install and gives me the error "Something went wrong during the installation. Please reinstall Origin". I can't play my games and haven't been able to for months. What the hell is Origin doing?

Message 6 of 49 (52,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

same here I have not been able to have access to my games for over a month.  Im about to reformat but I bet it still wont work. I gave up pretty much now and just dont use anything origin related, they may have got me while the hype was going for battlefield hardline and i may have bought it if this was working but after this its just not worth it when you cant even access your games origin is a pile of garbage.

i dont have a ssd but i have a wd raptor drive and windows 7

Message 7 of 49 (52,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes, happened to me too at last update Confusedmileyfrustrated: Added how I fixed it. Hope it will work for others too.

1) Uninstall Origin

3) Restart

Message 8 of 49 (58,399 Views)

★★ Novice

Nopes.. This isn't the solution... I am still facing issues and deleting these folders didn't help me. I got this resolved by following these steps..

Download the Origin Update file. https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/beta/OriginUpdate_9_3_2_2730.zip

- Extract the contents of the zip into your Origins folder.

- Launch Origins.exe (not from inside the Zip file)

Message 9 of 49 (52,165 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi this worked for me.

so when u get the error do the following:

dl the file, and extract into the folder where u got origin installed. this can be Program Files (x86) or normal programfiles. its the one where u see roughly the same directories as in the zip file, (codes imageformats etc.).

if u had already followed the previous instructions on top of forum, it does not matter. just install origin from the vanilla install file found on the origin website, after which u get the error again, then do the zip instructions. I started origin from the folder, and it works.

ofcourse, once launched, it is going to 'update' all your games. which takes forever.

This is due to major s@$@kage on EA.

Message 10 of 49 (52,043 Views)