Returning to desktop crashes PC :(

by stormforce999

Original Post

Returning to desktop crashes PC :(

★★ Novice

Hi all

Bizarre problem, Origin loads fine and play BF1 for hours with no issues. However when I exit BF1 and then click quit to return to desktop it crashes the PC and it reboots .

No error messages or anything, screen goes blank  for 10 seconds ish and reboots any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (326 Views)

Re: Returning to desktop crashes PC :(

Community Manager

@stormforce999 

That would certainly concern me and is quite bizarre, would you mind uploading a DxDiag so we can take a look at your system specs?

How many watts is your power supply?

How to gather DxDiag information

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (284 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi

See attached. 

PC was self build last month 650w PSU.

Message 3 of 5 (272 Views)

Community Manager

@stormforce999 

What are your power settings set to for your PC and does your PC feel very hot when you're playing or the fans being really loud? I see some bluescreen errors in your Windows Error Reporting. 

Did you apply enough thermal paste on your CPU? That might be worth checking out. 

I don't know if you use Nahimic Audio since you have a MSI motherboard, but that software has been causing some games and Origin to unexpectedly crash. I'd try uninstalling it from the PC if you want to test that out to see if it's related.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (264 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi

GPU and CPU temps are running fine, fans automatically increase speed when required. As said it plays the game fine in Ultra settings!

Nahimic audio isn't installed, I have disabled automatic restart so I may get a BSOD with an error which may point in the right direction!

Message 5 of 5 (254 Views)