Restricted access mode?

by L0LasaurusREKT

Original Post

Restricted access mode?

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything I've seen online to fix this but nothing is working. 

I go into the application settings> origin in-game and it won't let me turn it on there. It says it's temporarily disabled while restricted access mode is on. 

I've also followed the prompt of scrolling to the "bottom of the application tab and select advanced" but I didn't see any advanced tab. 

I've also tried selecting the Sims and right clicking on the settings for the actual game settings and I wasn't able to select any of the options. 

I just want to buy an expansion pack for the Sims and playyyy. Plz help

Message 1 of 10 (13,708 Views)

Re: Restricted access mode?

Community Manager

Hi @L0LasaurusREKT

If you open up the settings in the Origin client and click on the Application tab there should be an Advanced section on that page. You may need to scroll down all the way to the bottom to see it, but there should be an option there to enable or disable Restricted Access mode. Are you not able to see it there at all? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (13,676 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I turned restricted access off but Origin says I still have it on when I'm trying to not enable Origin in-game. Please help.. Frown

Message 3 of 10 (13,494 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having the same issue. nothing is working.

Message 4 of 10 (13,489 Views)

Community Manager

@BrnSknQT@alexeiee

Can you both try clearing out your Origin Cache to see if that helps at all? If there's something in the Origin data that's causing this message it may fix it. 

For more info on how to clear out the Cache check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 10 (13,436 Views)

★★ Novice

Still in need of a solution. I just can't buy the new EP.

Message 6 of 10 (8,522 Views)

@Ghwynbleidd  I don't know how to fix the restricted access mode issue, but if you want to buy the new Sims 4 expansion, try doing so either through the Origin app or the website.  The in-game function isn't particularly reliable anyway, and it seems broken for a number of people right now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 10 (8,498 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent The problem is that the switch you flip is already showing me that restricted access mode is turned off and when I turn it on and check it says the same then when i disable, it says the same thing still.
Message 8 of 10 (7,442 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Stekpannan123

Just to make sure, you've already tried clearing your Origin cache and it still won't leave restricted access mode? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 10 (7,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah that fixed it everyone stop being lazy and search up how to clear origin cache it only took me 2 minutes.

Message 10 of 10 (4,833 Views)