Re: Repairing game takes forever and slows down the pc

by manzana0807

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

It even does this by playing a game after 10 or 20 mins. It Slows the game down. I have noticed this in Sims 3 and Sims 4. It makes the game unplayable unless you want to play it less that 20 min a time, quit origin, then reopen game.

Message 21 of 37 (1,332 Views)

★★ Pro
@SinisterSweets I just tried this and it worked. Origin is still really slow, but I was able to repair my game all the way, finally!

Per the advice in another thread here, I've downloaded the EA Desktop app and I'm going to use it for playing Sims 4 and just keep Origin for updating and repairing.
Message 22 of 37 (1,324 Views)

★★ Pro
@MapleSimmer I reduced the cpu cores Origin is allow to use down to two as someone else mentioned here and it allowed me to finally repair my game all the way without Origin locking up my pc for the first time since October. I also downloaded the EA Desktop app and I'm going to use it for playing the game instead of Origin.
Message 23 of 37 (1,323 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having this exact issue on a brand new laptop. I always repair after a patch and it was so bad the repair would never complete. Even after I left it overnight, I came back the next morning and it was still frozen. When I would restart Origin, it would try to start the repair over from the start, I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall Origin to get it to stop so I could even launch the game. Gonna try the set affinity thing and see if that allows it to finish.

Message 24 of 37 (1,280 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have had this issue as well.  I thought it was my old laptop, but it keeps doing it on my new laptop as well.  I tried  repairing the other day, and it finally finished after several error messages.  Then when I booted up my laptop today it started repairing all on its own and won't let me play the game because it's downloading.

Message 25 of 37 (1,203 Views)

★ Pro

As for the latest Origin updates the repairing issue still remains. It is NOT possible to repair my complete 30 packs. After the fifth pack Origin takes forever (5-6 hours) to repair the rest if I do not delete the rest in queue. Will this ever going to be fixed? 

Message 26 of 37 (960 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Alexmeteor They seriously need to fix or revise how Origin repairs. Do you know how infuriating it is to wait from 6pm to 11pm to play a game?! Not to mention all the while using up 90% of my CPU, leaving me not able to do much else >:-(( By the time it's done I don't even feel like playing anymore.
Message 27 of 37 (936 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is exactly what happens to me when I try to repair. It's been happening since September and I've lost hope that it will ever get fixed. EA truly does not care about its customers. 

Message 28 of 37 (823 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I never got back to this, setting affinity does work, repair game will eventually finish after about 6 hours. It sucks, I used to repair game after every pack install or update, now I have to plan for a repair when I don't need to use the laptop for anything else. At least it works I guess.

Message 29 of 37 (777 Views)

★★★ Guide

1st time I ever experienced a repair that took this long...20 minutes for just the Get Famous add-on..Season's took just as long...I have 18 add-ons..this will take a minute.

Message 30 of 37 (745 Views)