Re: Repairing game takes forever and slows down the pc

by Vatzfu

Original Post

★ Guide
@SinisterSweets Thank you! If nothing else can fix this issue, I'll try this solution!
Message 11 of 37 (2,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I have the same issue!

Since the latest 2-3 Origin updates I'm having big issues with Origin.
It takes forever to repair my 30 Sims 4 game packs.
I have completly reinstalled Origin and then re-downloaded all my games which took over 5 hours!!!
And now I pachted to the latest Sims 4 Snow Escape and running the repair game option which I always do after a patch update. And Origin is still repairing since 2 hours and 15 more game packs to go. This is insane!

I'm on Win 10 prof Sims 64 bit and I NEVER had this issue before.

And no, nothing is running in the back, only my AntiVius as always and NEVER had any issues like this before the latest Origin updates. Please fix this!

Message 12 of 37 (2,087 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@LuvMySimz Having the same problem! Hope this gets fixed soon.
Message 13 of 37 (2,032 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m going to try this. I have been having this issue just after the most recent origin update. 

Message 14 of 37 (1,983 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Illium

I am having same issue after running a repair today on Sims 4. I do not use any Mods or CC.  I have 8-core processors on my PC and Origin is spiking the CPU to over 95%. My PC did not crash luckily, but when new Sims Packs were being pulled up going into verify process at times I would get the same error message pop-up (Attached screenshots). I also attached my Origins version number from the most recent update. Hope this helps in getting issue narrowed down and fixed.

4 weeks and counting is a ridiculous amount of time to let this go on, can you please provide a time frame of when this will be resolved and patch sent out. There are a lot of reports on Sims 4 bugs where game is crashing and most likely it is all tied back to this.

Message 15 of 37 (1,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've been seeing this issue for a while now but on a different scenario : 

If you tell origin to download anything, specially if other apps are open with it, it'll go berzerk and either use your entire CPU power out of nothing, or be locked with 100% disk usage even after the downloads are complete, I observed this while downloading things like mass effect and spore while trying to play something else or watching videos on my browser, the way I used to stop this behaviour was to download stuff and then restart origin after it finishes.

Message 16 of 37 (1,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same freaking thing happening to me. Dont have ccs or mods, have never had issues in the past. My game was having problems two days ago, so I repaired it then and that seemed to fix the problems. But then yesterday when I logged into Origin for Sims, it repaired the game again (both repairs took a few minutes). Today was a big update, and when I logged in to update Sims, the game started repairing again, but this time, it took forever. By the time it finished repairing 12-13 downloads, the whole thing would freeze up, get error codes, or run super slow with CPU at 100%. I had to exit out of Origin because I need to go to bed, but I still haven’t been able to complete the repairs or do the Sims upgrade. 

Message 17 of 37 (1,844 Views)

★★ Pro
@MapleSimmer This is the exact same problem I'm having. It's so bad that I've given up dealing with Sims 4 and Origin till it's fixed.
Message 18 of 37 (1,788 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@manzana0807 I've just been clearing most of the packs from my queue and then I can play as usual.  

I show how I clear the packs and also how repairing starts to take most of my CPU in a video I did on it here. https://youtu.be/xT7GVOeT6pw

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 19 of 37 (1,768 Views)

★ Pro
@MapleSimmer I looked at your video and the idea is not bad but it’s a shame that we would even have to go through something like this because how would we know which one needs a repair and which one not. So if you delete some you do not know if those would need a repair. And yes this issue happens since the October patch and so far the issue still remains. I wish they would just fix the software so we wouldn’t have to go through all this. As you and many others I too don’t have the time to repair my games and wait five hours till it’s done.
Message 20 of 37 (1,744 Views)