Re: Repairing Taking Forever

by worzi133

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Repairing Taking Forever

★ Novice

I had been looking for help and found nothing, everything seemed so confusing especially when I'm the type of person to just game and not know anything about PCs or crap. My Sims 4 play button on Origin was kind of faded which meant I couldn't play, I didn't understand why as nothing was wrong. I see they just patched some things and fixed some bugs so I go to Google and it says my game could have problems as it needed to either be repaired or updated after patches and fixes. I use a Windows 10 laptop and I try to update the game, nothing happens, so I try to repair the game and it's been stuck on Finalizing for a good while now, probably a couple of hours or so. I also have no other option since my game is being repaired and I don't know what to do. I already deleted all my CC before repairing the game.

Message 1 of 7 (4,987 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Jazzy3955  Quit Origin if you haven't already; use the Task Manager to End Task if you can't exit the usual way.  Then clear Origin's cache. to force it to refresh its data:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Restart your computer, sign into Origin, and repair the game again.  Then update if necessary.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (4,963 Views)

All Replies

@Jazzy3955  Quit Origin if you haven't already; use the Task Manager to End Task if you can't exit the usual way.  Then clear Origin's cache. to force it to refresh its data:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Restart your computer, sign into Origin, and repair the game again.  Then update if necessary.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (4,964 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you! I actually ended up figuring it out on my own, I decided to restart my laptop and turn it back on then the game finished finalizing within minutes and finally opened my game! Now I can buy the vampire pack while it's still on sale :-)

Message 3 of 7 (4,958 Views)

★★ Apprentice

so you are just going to give them a pass on fixing it. and buy more of the inferior product?

Message 4 of 7 (4,893 Views)

★★ Apprentice

too much * we are not programmers we are gamers!

Message 5 of 7 (4,885 Views)

The sims 4 stuck on finalizing

★★★ Newbie

Ok so my sims 4 is stuck on update ive looked up everything done everything i could cleared my temp and nothing has worked if somebody can please help me thank you.

Message 6 of 7 (4,765 Views)

Game sitting on "Finalizing"

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Game sitting on "Finalizing"

This is the first I've ever had this issue before.

Any recommendations?

Thank you

Message 7 of 7 (4,687 Views)