Refunding an Origin gift card after redeeming

by xMaattehh

Original Post

Refunding an Origin gift card after redeeming

★★★ Newbie

I received a gift of £50 for Origin from a clueless girlfriend. I have redeemed this assuming I could buy Fifa Points through this and it would go straight onto my Xbox. EA Help didn’t seem to be much use offering suggestions like go through the retailer and how will we refund you if you didn’t buy through us. Do I have any options or just lose the £50 gift?

thank you for any responses. 

Message 1 of 2 (231 Views)

Re: Refunding an Origin gift card after redeeming

The 50$ SHOULD be tied into your Origin account now.  So it shoudln't be lost, just tied up until you can spend it on something on Origin.  If you don't game on PC, then it would make it harder to my way of getting your monies worth, but should still be possible if EA Cust rep or EA CM here doesn't have a better one.  But you could also use the gift function if you have a friend or family member who does game on PC to either give them a game or gift them the game and let them give you the money for it.  Other than that, I personally don't know a way to get your money back once you have activated the card on Origin.  If you bought Fifa points for it, then that is even stickier as then you would need a refund of them, and then a refund of the card....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2 (209 Views)