Re: Refund for a Game that Does Not Work

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Refund for a Game that Does Not Work

★★★ Newbie

I purchased Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning on the Origin website on Monday and by Wednesday I could no longer save or delete games.  I opened a case and contacted Tech Support who told me it wasn't an EA game and they couldn't help me to contact the THq Nordic.  I tried contacting THq Nordic and they are not responding.  When I go to the help notes the on the game it states that it is an EA game and to contact them for help.  Tech Support also stated it wasn't eligible for refund.  When I paid for the game it did not tell me I was buying a third party game or that I need to go elsewhere for support.  The game is useless to me and if I can't save or delete.  I bought the game on the Origin site and would like a refund from Origin.  Please advise who I need to talk to so I can get that refund.

Message 1 of 4 (439 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ninjakosh you can check out the Great Games Guarantee to see if you are able to apply for a refund: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

The original Kingdoms of Amular was an EA title but in the years since THQ Nordic took over the license and Re-Reckoning was released by them. If there is an issue with the game and it not saving then this is something you would need to troubleshoot with their support. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is not stated as a game that is eligible for refund.  I do want to point out that the Help folder in the games directory points you too Electronic Arts not THQ Nordic.  Also when I purchased the game there was no notification that it was not supported or refundable by EA so this response is a cop out.  No matter how you cut it you should know better than to sell games without explicitly advising the consumer it is neither supported or refundable upon purchase and failing that at least having the common courtesy of removing the incorrect information on where to go for help.  I’ve resigned myself to the fact that you’re not planning on standing behind it but you could at least do the next buyer the courtesy of correcting the information you are giving.  And please do not direct them to a company to get help when that company apparently doesn’t support it either.

Message 3 of 4 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @ninjakosh when you are purchasing a game on Origin you can see the developer and the publisher of the game on the game page.

If you have purchased a non-EA game then the level of support that we can offer is limited, we can go through basic steps and make recommendations such as, for example, in relation to your issue you need to ensure that the folder your game is saving to has read and write access and that the game is not attempting to save to your One Drive.

If you have more serious issues with a non-EA game that we cannot help with or our suggested steps do not work then you will need to reach out to the developer or publisher. In this case, if the steps we suggest do not work then you would need to speak with THQ Nordic as they released the game. This would be the same if you purchased an EA game on another platform and ran into issues, you would speak with our support for assistance with issues related to saves not working if you purchased the game outside of Origin.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (397 Views)