Refund failed because of "Receipt Dispute"

by LE606

Original Post

Refund failed because of "Receipt Dispute"

★ Novice

I bought The Sims 4 and had some issues so I decided to refund it which was well before the 24 hour period since I first launched the game, after a while I get an update that the refund failed so I speak to a live chat agent who says that I filed a receipt dispute or something which is stopping their system from refunding the money back to my PayPal. He then asks me to contact PayPal which I did and they just replied with a useless automated response that doesn't fit my problem. I cannot even try to retry the refund process because it has failed once and now is unavailable to try again. Can someone please help me because I didn't create this dispute they are talking about and I have no idea what to do I just want my money back.

Message 1 of 4 (331 Views)

Re: Refund failed because of "Receipt Dispute"

Community Manager

Hey @LE606 for any account and billing issues you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (247 Views)

★ Novice

Live chat was unavailable at this time so instead I followed your instructions but contacted them via email instead. I hope they can help resolve this issue

Message 3 of 4 (221 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to hear that you were able to get in contact with support @LE606.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (199 Views)