Rant about "Official" Origin re-seller cdon.com refund issues!

by KebabKenraali

Original Post

Rant about "Official" Origin re-seller cdon.com refund issues!

★★★ Newbie

This is a word of caution or horror story ;:D about my not so fun experience with buying (Origin) games via cdon.com

Here is my story about trying to get Sims 4 Realm of Magic to child under 15.

My child has Origin account created with me and she is 14. When we registered my children account together, I get e-mail that I need to accept this account creation and I did. But then you still can't use Origin giftcard's or even add you children to your friend list to buy games via Origin to underaged children.

Only way to buy and add games in official way without lying age or anyhing like that is get physical copies of games and DLC's if there is any of them. 

So if you live in location that has no game stores or they wont sell Sims 4 DLC in any way, you are in trouble with it.

In these cases, only way to purchase registration keys for these games is internet and many "gray area" shops that will sell and send regisration keys via email to you.

And then there is cdon.com, which seems to be somekind of "Official" Origin re-seller as they will sell these for you and you need to logon with your Origin/Ea  account and password to get these  games or dlc to registered to your account.

But again, you are basically screwed, if you want to buy via them these Origin keys as gift. It might work, if you ask that person to register these games with their accout. But again with minor, this is not the case.

But here is the fun part.

CDON.COM refuse to refund these Origin keys (even in cases that you have not activated it) because they are digital version and asked to get in touch with EA/Origin support.

EA/Origin support (i tried this with 2 different support cases) refuses to refund this game because their excel sheet says that they are not responsible any games/dlc bought via 3rd party.

I Consider them as real seller, because you wont get any physical product or you never even get product key via cdon.com site or by e-mail. But cdon.com provide link in purchase page to EA/Origin site, where you need to use your EA/Origin account login information and password with EA/Origin site and cdon.com only provide somekind of code to tell EA/Origin about what product is about etc and then it is added to your Origin page.

But now EA/Origin and cdon.com refuses refund for me and I am left with the game DLC, that i won't even own and SIMS 4 is not game for me. So now this Realm of Magic won't even show on my Origin page, because DLC's are only visible, when you actually owns primary game. So now this Realm of Magic is totally useless and I bought additional serial key via "grey market" seller and actually did get registraton key via email and it is registered.

But I still have this cdon.com version of Sims 4 Realm of Magic on my Origin account and moral side of this story is always buy Origin keys via "grey market" web sites that actually send registration keys via email and not using official Origin to do so, as they wont support purchases via "official" re-seller cdon.com purchases and cdon.com won't support any digital Ea/Origin purchases.

It's kinda sad to teach your children to buy game codes via gray market web sites and not to use official ways to get games, because official way is not supported and only way to get EA/Origin games is lie you age when creating Origin account. Because if you are under 15, you need your parent's consent, but in that way you can't accept Origin giftcards from your parents or grand parents etc and there is no easy way to get games without using 3rd party sites to get these keys or trying to find any shop that actually send you physical copy if these games.

Indeed a shame.

So if EA will change their mind and refund this useless (for me) Sims 4 Realm of Magic DLC to my Origin account, I would be pleased, but now it's ~20E lesson for me.

Message 1 of 2 (207 Views)

Re: Rant about "Official" Origin re-seller cdon.com refund issues!

★★★ Newbie
@KebabKenraali I talk about cdon.com support they still refuse refund of this wrong order and EA says same. So now I ended up with the game dlc (worth of ~20 euros) that I will never gonna play, that can rot in my digital Origin library. It helps that this is DLC, so it wont show in my library, because it's DLC :D
Message 2 of 2 (169 Views)