Quick View Games with Filters

by akaustav

Original Post

Quick View Games with Filters

★★★ Novice

Hi,

There is an User Interface (UI) glitch on the Origin Store. When sales (like the currently ongoing "EA Publisher Sale" or the "Black Friday Sale") are in progress, the UI shows one box per game (with a photo from the game, the name of the game and the price along with discount). Clicking on each game's box opens a "Quick View" panel where we can read more information about the game, select Editions (if multiple editions are available), and even add the game to the current order.

However, when I have the "Sort and Filter" option open, this "Quick View" panel appears glitched. It is difficult to read the text and even close the panel when this glitch happens.

I am attaching sreenshots with and without filters to help understand this problem better.

Ameet

Message 1 of 5 (478 Views)

Re: Quick View Games with Filters

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to post and bring this to our attention @akaustav.

I will pass it on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (446 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @akaustav, we've been trying to reproducing this and are unable to do so.

Would you mind letting us know the following information:

• What platform you are on?
  • The resolution your system is set to?
  • If you are seeing this in the client or on the website, or on both?

Let me know so we can look into this further.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (439 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko. Thanks for taking the time to read through this issue and respond. I can confirm that I am still able to reproduce this problem on my machine. I realized that I might have missed one key detail from my issue report - I have the friends list open on the right side of my origin client. I am able to see this problem happen when both the filters and the friends list are open. With the friend list minimized, I don't see this problem happening.

Here are answers to your questions:

Q1. What platform you are on?

A1. I am on a Razer Blade Pro (2017) running 64-bit Microsoft Windows 10 (Version 1809 - October 2018 Update).

Q2. The resolution your system is set to?

A2. 1920 x 1080 (with scaling set at 100% i.e. no scaling).

Q3. If you are seeing this in the client or on the website, or on both?

A3. I don't see this issue occur on the browser when on the EA Publisher Sale page - only inside the origin client. Partly because I don't know how to turn on the friends list inside the browser.

I am attaching 3 screenshots on this response where the issue doesn't happen (I can attach only a maximum of 3 screenshots to a reply).

01-battlefield-v-wo-filters-wo-friends-list.png - where both filters and friends list are hidden.

02-battlefield-v-w-filters-wo-friends-list.png - where filters is on, but friends list is minimized.

03-battlefield-v-wo-filters-w-friends-list.png - where filters is off, but friends list is visible.

I'll attach the 4th screenshot where you can see the problem in a follow up response.

Ameet

Message 4 of 5 (421 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is the 4th screenshot demonstrating the problem with both the filters and the friends list open.

Ameet

Message 5 of 5 (420 Views)