QtWebEngineProcess.exe process

by InspectahCax

Original Post

Re: QtWebEngineProcess.exe process

Community Manager

@PhAse-Shifter-nz

If one of those processes were to spike at the same time as the game itself then a dropped frame or two may be noticed.

barry.png
Message 111 of 152 (1,605 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry

I think that could be the worst that can happen. When you have a game that is very CPU demanding and depending on what processor you have your inclined to give the game maximum CPU priority and also limit any other processes that are using the CPU. These are the processes that were obvious when I went looking. I'm not saying it's a big issue on your end but it is frustrating at a time when the need for more processing power is coming sooner than we expected.

You could also note that various Origin background activity affects Battlefield 1 specifically. For example a notification that a friend has come on or off online results in a large frame drop while playing multiplayer.

Message 112 of 152 (2,681 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
@PhAse-Shifter-nz wrote:

You could also note that various Origin background activity affects Battlefield 1 specifically. For example a notification that a friend has come on or off online results in a large frame drop while playing multiplayer.

At least such notifications can be turned off.

Check out the Origin -> Application Settings menu for full options - there's quite a lot that you can do to minimize Origin's load, such as setting the Home Page to Library, and turning off notifications.

Message 113 of 152 (2,661 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

EA_Tom wrote:

@PhAse-Shifter-nz wrote:

At least such notifications can be turned off.

Check out the Origin -> Application Settings menu for full options - there's quite a lot that you can do to minimize Origin's load, such as setting the Home Page to Library, and turning off notifications.

Yes that's true. I think the reality is, is that there are some very demanding games coming out now and that the 4 core/thread CPU's just haven't got the headroom for background CPU activity anymore.

Message 114 of 152 (2,650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

QtWebEngineProcess.exe is using almost 200MB of ram on my machine and causing serious FPS drops. I've NEVER had this issue in over 2 years up until the recent update a few days ago.

Uninstalling/Reinstalling Origin did not help. Obviously the most recent version of Origin has fixed NOTHING> In fact, it made my experience WORSE than it has been in over 2 years.

I have every single option in Origin Application settings turned off - I always have.

Get ur junk together EA. I'd be embarrassed if I were a multi million dollar company putting out junk software.

Message 115 of 152 (2,094 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Unless I leave Origin running like overnight or something I don't usually notice any drain with this process. "Turning it off and back on again" seems to fix it for me-as in exit Origin and restart it. I agree that we really shouldn't have to do this but I've noticed that just like someone said early in the posts-months ago-that coders have gotten lazy and many game clients run into the same problem if they are left running for extended periods of time. Memory leak is the new norm. I'm not defending EA or anyone else I think it's pretty sad that these companies just assume we should buy 'modern' PCs to run their software. I personally don't have the money to replace my PC every couple of years. I build or buy them to be useful long down the line not to have companies deciding that they can just force me to replace it in a couple years by siphoning off my computer's resources. Heck honestly there's not that much difference in viruses and 'safe' computer programs these days.

It's becoming the norm though unfortunately.

Message 116 of 152 (1,976 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Wow. Thank you.

Message 117 of 152 (1,899 Views)

Fun fact: the beta versions (which i use) seems to be much more stable and trouble free than the normal release. Since i've opted for the beta updates, only once i've had an actual crash. I still consider that the client eats quite a bit of RAM, though as not much as when it was launched.

You might consider to check a bit the beta client releases.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 118 of 152 (1,896 Views)

Re: QtWebEngineProcess.exe has stopped working

★ Novice

I'm getting the same error.

Message 119 of 152 (2,261 Views)

★★★ Guide

Having this issue also. On Macbook Pro, QtWebEngineProcess.exe using 120MB while idling. 

Message 120 of 152 (1,741 Views)