Re: QtWebEngineProcess.exe has stopped working

by YaseenAbdoola_14

Original Post

Re: QtWebEngineProcess.exe process

★ Apprentice

Never had this before, but suddely i have it to.

It's actually making Origin games lag as it's taking up 20% CPU as well, which isn't the best when im trying to play! 

Message 121 of 152 (2,653 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also getting this error while playing FIFA 17 Pro Clubs Online. It disconnects me regularly and it is so frustrating. 

Message 122 of 152 (3,276 Views)

EA DICE Team

@YaseenAbdoola_14

Are you running any sort of anti-virus or anti-malware on your system? Some of those programs are known to block this process, which will then lead to a crash.

Message 123 of 152 (3,270 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Thank you for your response Tom. I am running Microsoft Security Essentials and no other virus/malware software.

I have Origin and Fifa as excluded processes on MSE already.

While I do have your attention, I would also like to bring light to a more serious issue that I am Having.

I posted & have not received a response to the following on 03-03-2017: 

"Hi

I am in Pretoria, South Africa and I play a lot of Pro Clubs.

I have been playing this mode since Fifa 16 and I would always find opponents in the"Drop-In" search.

I was able to connect to many of my friends in Europe. We would be placed in the same lobby when we searched for "Drop-In" matches.

Now I cannot connect to the same lobbies as my European friends when we search for a "Drop-In" match at the same time, I almost always find no opponents or 1 opponent

This issue arrived two game updates ago. Is anyone else having this issue?

I hope EA reverts our location matching to Europe again.

Yaseen

Pretoria, South Africa"

I have tried all the recommended  guidelines for troubleshooting this "particular problem" as well.

I sincerely hope that you have solutions for me
Thank you
Yaseen Abdoola
Message 124 of 152 (1,969 Views)

★ Novice

since 2 days i have the same problems,not only does  the game lagg but also my ping gets much higher,most of the time i had like 50-60 ping but now never under 100!?

what`s going on? because of this the game gets unplayable and this really sucks!

Message 125 of 152 (2,599 Views)

Re: Origin Crashing - QtWebEngineProcess.exe

★★★★ Apprentice

getting the same problem but i can login fine i just crash wen updating mass effect Andromeda

Faulting application name: Origin.exe, version: 10.4.13.6637, time stamp: 0x5942c6ad
Faulting module name: Qt5WebEngineCore.dll, version: 5.6.0.0, time stamp: 0x58d5ce5a
Exception code: 0x4000001f
Fault offset: 0x00a0dca0
Faulting process id: 0x353c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f7ba0fbff6fa
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Qt5WebEngineCore.dll
Report Id: 0bb221eb-8bef-4a20-81ab-dc36598e92bc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

running windows in safe mode does nothing
anti virus disable does nothing

running as admin does nothing

safemode downloading in settings does nothing

it always crashes at the same point in the image no matter what i do

wen origin crashes it makes windows run ultra slow and mouse moves at 1 frame per second till the crash window has been closed

i have reinstalled origin using the help page doing both easy way and hard way with no difference

i don't know what to do next

Message 126 of 152 (2,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have all settings turned off in Origin.  When I run the 32bit process just starting Origin and not being connected to the web my memory usage jumps from 1.3 Gig to 1.6 Gig.  How am I supposed to play 32bit games.  They max out at 3.1 Gig  1.3 - 3.1 =2.2 Gig to play with.

300 Mb is a huge chunk of the small amount of memory needed for these games.  Steam uses 10 times less.  This is absurd.  Fix this garbage app EA.

Message 127 of 152 (3,169 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 wrote:

I am marking this post as a Solution to create awareness - this is still being investigated.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give you another update this we are investigating your reports about the memory and cpu usage of the QtWebEngineProcess process.

Once I have any further updates available for you I will post them in this thread.

Any news on this yet?

It seems to be related to clicking a game, and getting some background effect rolling.... At least for me.

Message 128 of 152 (3,100 Views)

★★ Novice

Honestly, is there any updates on this at all? It has been months and there's been zero development. Just tiny 'fixes' that don't really seem to fix the issue at all. There is a reason that gamers dislike origin in comparison to the likes of Steam, because issues like this seem to be swept under the rug and not dealt with. Why should we spend money on games that don't even have access to a decent client to run them on. It's abysmal. 

Message 129 of 152 (2,963 Views)

Re: Origin Beta QtWebEngineProcess Hogging System Resources

★ Novice
Could you speak English plz I'm like 13
Message 130 of 152 (2,900 Views)