Re: QtWebEngineProcess.exe process

by exsupero

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Just bought a new Lenovo Y700 gaming laptop with your Mass Effect bundle for origin multiplayer with friends....I won't be mad but PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

Message 61 of 152 (3,176 Views)

★ Novice

Hey Tom was wondering if you guys found a fix for this? I never had this problem before but then i got the windows anniversary update and it broke so many drivers,had compatibility issues, and low fps issues as well. Rolled back the update and everything was good for a couple hours of battlefield one and now i cant play for 20-30 minutes without my game crashing and getting the error. Just chilling pretty idle while running origin this process eats away at my cpu. It constantly changes bumping up my cpu usage anywhere between 20-60% usually averaging at like 35 or 40% as you can see here http://imgur.com/a/wJMmK. Thanks for the help

Message 62 of 152 (3,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This fixed yet ? As of 29/11 I'm still having this problem, QtWebEngineProcess.exe is leaking memory like it's nothing.

Message 63 of 152 (3,110 Views)

The program was abandoned for good reasons. If you read about it you will find that its main problems were the large resource usage and memory leaks. If the very people that created it gave up on it, you can imagine that they deemed it beyond salvage. Some tried to fix it, but it proved to be impossible.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 64 of 152 (3,078 Views)

EA DICE Team

@AM-SugarBear666

We are still looking at causes of high CPU or memory usage.

I can give you some tips in the meantime:

• Make sure that you click the blue button at Store - updates are pending and your CPU should free up once those are out of the way.
  • If you want Origin to stay idle then launch the games via the desktop shortcut and not via the client.
  • Not directly related to Origin, but you have many background applications running; you also seem to be download torrents which certainly won't help
  • Origin uses the QtWebEngineProcess.exe in the same manner as Chrome creates a new identical process when opening a new browser tab - so if you are currently browsing on the internet and you have Origin open, then the usage that you are seeing could be interaction with your browser.
Message 65 of 152 (3,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

[admin edit: please follow the rules & guidelines when posting - keep it constructive and post relevant information].

Message 66 of 152 (2,967 Views)

★★★ Novice

So yeah this process is the number one cpu usage at idle and running just chrome and spotify it uses 10-15% cpu and  100 ish mb of ram?
This is just one more reason why I so rarely play my origin games, but hey maybe they have a DLC you could buy to fix it?
Anyway just gonna go back to steam games I guess. 

Message 67 of 152 (2,888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Your original reply for this particular instance of the issue was in October. It's December now and answer is "we are still looking into this issue" ? Really? This is well reproducible issue and it wouldn't take much dev time to fix it. You either just can't escalate this issue or your team simply don't give a flying (you know what) about it. Just in idle this process together with origin client take 500Mb of RAM.

Message 68 of 152 (2,827 Views)

Origin Crashing - QtWebEngineProcess.exe

★★ Novice

Am unable to launch Origin. Have tracked it down to what I believe is this issue below:

Faulting application name: QtWebEngineProcess.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x582f7e3e
Faulting module name: Qt5WebEngineCore.dll, version: 5.6.0.0, time stamp: 0x582f7d64
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0183535c
Faulting process id: 0xd10
Faulting application start time: 0x01d24fb501077237
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\QtWebEngineProcess.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Qt5WebEngineCore.dll
Report Id: 2a324cfe-5fa6-4285-b6ea-6ee23a04020e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Message 69 of 152 (2,524 Views)

Re: Origin Crashing - QtWebEngineProcess.exe

Community Manager

@WillBangOK

Please try the following troubleshooting:

Let us know if you continue to see the problem and we can advise you further, thanks.

barry.png
Message 70 of 152 (2,484 Views)