Re: QtWebEngineProcess.exe process

by Alpha0n3

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Re: Nils

What you replied shows you don't understand the problem at all.  This background process is taking huge chunks of memory and making it impossible for games to run.  Considering the whole selling point of the Origin client is to help play games, having its update now make people unable to do so is terrible.  I also never used Origin, I in fact have it running in offline mode as much as possible, and now I can't even uninstall the pathetic memory hogging "update" and go back to the older, still useless, but at least not computer breaking version.  I am well above all the specs, and now when I try to play a game the input freezes constantly and randomly crashes because my 16 GBs of memory are being hogged by your background process.  Ridiculous.

And a side note to your patronizing "common practice" comment: as a computer programmer myself, and the child of 2 computer programmers, I can tell you that any process that has to run 2, 3, 4 other processes that hog memory in the background just to be open (not to run anything else, just be open) is a bad program.  Even current Windows OSs shouldn't need as much running in the background as they do.  "Common" practice in modern programming is more sloppy coding because we don't have to worry about making every bit and byte and nibble count, because memory is cheap now.

Message 21 of 152 (5,370 Views)

Please.Fix.Origin!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It starts those QtWebEngineProcess processes and ruins the gameplay of every single game! I don't care what are those processes, what they do, or why do you insist on having them, all i know is that everything worked fine before the latest update and now i can't play anything! It's disgrace that you can't play games you bought...

Message 22 of 152 (5,161 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

A lot of times You can't acces the taskbar because of these s#!@+.

Message 23 of 152 (5,228 Views)

Re: Please.Fix.Origin!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@AcaGunner wrote:

It starts those QtWebEngineProcess processes and ruins the gameplay of every single game! I don't care what are those processes, what they do, or why do you insist on having them, all i know is that everything worked fine before the latest update and now i can't play anything! It's disgrace that you can't play games you bought...

Yes, same problem here.

And EA told me they're not rolling back to previous version off Origin.

So basicly they told us too [profanity removed].. Oops

(Or buy a new PC.) 

Regards.

Message 24 of 152 (5,011 Views)

They have broken the Origin for good this time

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The Origin is now officially broken.

Are you serius with this qtwebengineprocess bs?! It hogs up a huge amount of memory to be just a program to play games. It didn't have it earlier so why does it need it now?

Friends bf4 crashes all the time because it runs out of memory and my computer crashed after 1h idle and 10min of gameplay. Immediatly started to look for the reason and stumbeld on to this pile of ****.

What you have done is that you made some if not most games unplayable for a lot of people and caused a lot of headache for ordinary gamers. Some don't understand what is going on and those who do are pissed. Or atleast I'm pissed so I would assume others are too.

Origins is now a game launch program and a heavy memory using browser at the same time (just like any browser). It just displays this site https://beta.www.origin.com/ , which is a horrible setup on my opinion. When this was added to bf3 back in the day, it was a horrible idea then and even now when bf1 has gone back to old good method they have gone to destroy the program needed to run all of these. Atleast in bf3/4 you could turn off your browser while playing, but Origin you cant.

Steam uses combined memory of 80 000K max idling.

Origin itself uses memory of 111 000K min idling

qtwebengineprocess uses memory of 112 000K min idling

In total 223 000K just for idling.

Some has complained about fps drops after this new **** up.

Some EA tech said it was for stability reasons. In my opinion I take those stability clitches with open arms over the memoryhog-program that it is now.

Someone allready made my point in one sentence "I want an origin light version because i use NO origin feature at all, i just start my games through it -.-". 

This new shortcut method of html-driven visual of the new Origin is a huge step back for Origin.

It used to be a bit buggy but it worked and didn't harras your using of it.

Now it is just unusable.

Message 25 of 152 (5,035 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was about to create a thread about this, searched on Google, brought me here.... lol

anyways... This process is just there on the background, eating 10/15% of CPU, is making some games to hiccup, it didn't do that before... Frown

P.S. saying that Steam and Firefox also uses this as an excuse, is pretty *ty, i don't lose frames when i'm running The Witcher 3 through Steam !!

Message 26 of 152 (5,140 Views)

★ Novice

Does anyone know how to get rid of that box? it is aggravating as hell

Message 27 of 152 (5,100 Views)

Community Manager

It may be worthwhile checking for any available update or reinstalling Origin:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-Beta-QtWebEngineProcess-Hogging-System-Resources/m-p/5546860#...

barry.png
Message 28 of 152 (5,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It may be worthwhile fixing the program, instead of giving the same "SOLUTIONS" over and over again. Did you know the definition of instanity?

Message 29 of 152 (4,967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Like others, this latest update has left Origin spawning Qt processes that take up huge amounts of resources, just to run a lackluster, unlikable program that is less fully featured than its competitors. Even before this new plague of Qtwebengineprocess.exe, Origin took up two or three times the resources of Steam while offering far less functionality. Steamline yo program.

EA needs to fix this, and quick. Even those with beefy systems are immediately noticing the huge drag on performance.

i7 2600 16gb ram GTX 760 4gb FTW

Message 30 of 152 (4,801 Views)