QT5Multimedia.dll Error

by TotalDbag97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

QT5Multimedia.dll Error

★ Novice

So I went to start up steam today and I'm getting the errors

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Qt5Multimedia.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.  Error status 0xc000012f

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Qt5TextToSpeech.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.  Error status 0xc000012f

Worked fine about a week ago.  Tried uninstalling Origin, did the sfc /scannow command, repaired my Microsoft C++ visual stuff, and now when I try to reinstall I get the same errors.

Message 1 of 7 (988 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: QT5Multimedia.dll Error

Community Manager

Hey @TotalDbag97, can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (949 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @TotalDbag97, can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (950 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @TotalDbag97, is it working for you now?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (928 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Darko wrote:

Hey @TotalDbag97, is it working for you now?

Darko

I tried that and it didn't.  But I found a link to a full origin install and not the slim one you get on the site when you click install origin and it seems to be working now.  

Message 4 of 7 (917 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @TotalDbag97.

The version of Origin on origin.com would be the full version of the installer. 

Dakro 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you share where you found the full install? Thanks!

Message 6 of 7 (879 Views)

Community Manager

You can get it from origin.com @Rickrolledu.

If you select download on the main page that will take you to the full download of Origin. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (863 Views)