Purchased a new Sims 4 Expansion and since then It's given me a lot of problems

by katyfunkhouser

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Purchased a new Sims 4 Expansion and since then It's given me a lot of problems

★ Novice

I purchased the pack on the 17th of July and when I tried to download it it came up on the queue for a split second then then vanished, my payment has been processed and the customer portal says that I have received my order. I thought that maybe I needed to select the fix game option. After trying that the game went into a never ending loop of not being verified and then giving me a failure notifications. I then tried to uninstall origin and redownload. None of which worked. I then tried to use the fix origin link on the help site and it rebooted. But now i can't see any of my games in my library it says "your game library is empty" I've spent a lot of money on this game and not being able to play it is beyond frustrating. I now haven't been able to play in 5 days. 

Message 1 of 4 (317 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Purchased a new Sims 4 Expansion and since then It's given me a lot of probl

Community Manager

Hey @katyfunkhouser generally when you find your My game Library empty it's simply the case that you have multiple EA accounts and are logging into a secondary one.

As such the best thing to do is go through any email accounts you have to see if you can locate any and all EA accounts.

If you are unable to find the account then the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (293 Views)

All Replies

Re: Purchased a new Sims 4 Expansion and since then It's given me a lot of probl

Community Manager

Hey @katyfunkhouser generally when you find your My game Library empty it's simply the case that you have multiple EA accounts and are logging into a secondary one.

As such the best thing to do is go through any email accounts you have to see if you can locate any and all EA accounts.

If you are unable to find the account then the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (294 Views)

★ Novice

It's now giving me a notification saying that the EA servers are temporarily unavailable, it's now been saying that for the past 7 hours. I also checked all of my other emails and none of them except the one that I'm using are connected to the account. So I don't understand why it's not working still.

Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @katyfunkhouser if you are still seeing that error message can you try the steps in this help article: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p...

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (254 Views)