Purchased Sims 4 Kit shows I didn't purchase it

by myowndebut

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Purchased Sims 4 Kit shows I didn't purchase it

★★★ Novice

I just got a new computer and successfully moved everything over from my old Mac to my new one. All of my Sims 4 games have installed EXCEPT for the new Country Kitchen Kit. I have checked my Order History and kit has been purchased successfully. I also know this because I had already installed it on my old computer and played with thew features.

Can anyone help me get it back so I don't have to buy it again??

Message 5 of 18 (6,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Purchased Sims 4 Kit shows I didn't purchase it

EA SPORTS FC Team

No worries @bossdarcie!

We now have a main thread about this issue that can be found here: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Kits-SP-Kit-won-t-Download-wants-to-buy-...

I'll lock this one as the thread that I linked contains some updates by our QA team Standard smile

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (6,494 Views)

All Replies

Bought all Sims 4 Kits and one of the isn't showing up

★★ Novice

Bought all sims 4 kits and one of then isn't showing up as bought

Message 1 of 18 (5,989 Views)

Re: Bought all Sims 4 Kits and one of the isn't showing up

Community Manager

Hi @asr0578

When you've got the chance can you try clearing the Origin cache to see if you're able to see the kit afterward? That can sometimes do the trick when games or content is missing from the Library. You can find more information on how to clear the cache over at the EA Help website.

If you're still not able to see the kit you purchased after that I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team so they can take a look at your account. For more details on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help site. You can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead, if you prefer. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 18 (5,964 Views)

Kit Install - Sims 4

★★★ Novice

I'm trying to install the kits that I recently purchased for The Sims 4. The Throwback Fit and Bust the Dust ones installed just fine, but the Country Kitchen one never installed at all. When I looked up the game details, it asked me to purchase the game. I checked my purchase history and, sure enough, I had already purchased the kit. Help!

Message 3 of 18 (5,994 Views)

Help!

★★★ Newbie

Have just downloaded the new update for Sims 4 and now its not working! 

Message 4 of 18 (5,982 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have NOT changed computers, but kitchen kit is not available in my game even though it shows I successfully ordered it. It told me it would let me know when it was downloaded, but never notified me. I restarted the game and nothing. I closed the game and origin and waited several hours and restarted Origin and restarted the game and nothing. Origin shows I own it and it's in my order history, but not in my game. I'm currently repairing the entire game to see if that fixes it, but it does not show as something that's being repaired. There's no mention there of any kits. (It's the only kit I ordered.)

Message 6 of 18 (5,982 Views)

Re: Kit Install - Sims 4

★★★ Apprentice

I only purchased Kitchen Kit and it's not there. Checked for updates, restarted everything. Trying a repair, but it doesn't show up in the repair list. 

Message 7 of 18 (5,976 Views)

Re: Kit Install - Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I finished repairing, cleared the Origin cache, exited origin, restarted pc, restarted origin, started game, exited game...still no kitchen kit. Have version 1.71.86.1020. If I open The Sims 4 and go to Kits, and owned, it shows that it's owned.

(edited for typo)

Message 8 of 18 (5,968 Views)

Betreff: Help!

★★★★★ Expert

Hey @rachealp57 

What exactly do you mean with "not working"? Does it not start? Do you get any error message?

Message 9 of 18 (5,966 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @ShadoeLandman and @myowndebut,

Have you tried removing all mods and cc first? You can move the Mods folder to your desktop, repair The Sims 4 and then try again. If that works, then you can put the Mods folder back and use the 50/50 method to find out which mods are causing the issue. 

Another thing that you can do is clearing Origin's cache, you can read how to do it here.

Could you also let me know if you're playing on the Legacy Edition of The Sims 4? The new releases won't be supported on the Legacy Edition and it might be a reason why this is happening. 

Jason.png
Message 10 of 18 (5,955 Views)