Purchase Glitch/Bug??

by BruhRipliner

Original Post

Purchase Glitch/Bug??

★ Novice

TLDR: I bought the origin access year plan and it said my card was rejected, come to find out I have 10 charges on my card for the plan.  

So here is what happened, basically I decided to switch over from Game fly to origin access, it seemed much better to me so i was eager to switch over.  I picked the Premium access deal for a year, which is $99 usd.  Card gets rejected, all the info is correct.  I basically bop this down to the fact that the card and the account are on different emails, i thought that might cause a problem for some reason.  Go to use an account with the cards email, turns out i already have one, probably a super old ea account.  Try to buy it again.  Once more it says the card is rejected, i try another time to make sure all of the info is correct, and again rejected.  Now at this point im getting worried, it shouldn't be rejecting the card like that.  So i call my bank, and i explain what is going on and try to find out why it is getting rejected.  Low and behold there are 10 charges on my bank account for the year plan.  My bank, of course didn't let any of them go through, but that begs the question,  why are they there.  There should be no reason they would be on there, like i said even if it went through when it didn't, that was only three times, and they shouldn't even appear.  So EA im asking you this, why did they appear, what went wrong with your system for payment because as of right now i really don't feel comfortable buying anything else.  IF there are any EA techs that might know please let me know your thoughts, its all appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (433 Views)

Re: Purchase Glitch/Bug??

Community Manager

@BruhRipliner  Hi, thanks for the detailed post. I personally can't speculate on what happened, but we'll pass this info on to the relevant folks. We may reach out to you again for more details if that's ok. 

Thanks again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (413 Views)

★ Novice

Yah thats fine, personally i think it was just a bump in the system but i want to be sure before i try to do it again, gonna need the reassurance before i can convince my folks to let me do it again.

Message 3 of 5 (394 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks, yeah things should be fine. If you have any further issues making a purchase you can reach out to support, they can take a closer look. 

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (379 Views)

★ Novice

Were you able to find out what might have happened?

Message 5 of 5 (358 Views)