Problems with Origin application and website.

by RealSimmor0

Original Post

Re: Problems with Origin application and website.

★★★★★ Expert

Hello @Rhilew,

For sure it's the Origin software. And they do nothing to solve this!
The current version of Origin client doesn't work on Windows 10.
The version from 3 years ago worked.
I had to reinstall the Origin application with deleting existing folders up to 9 times, before the application will start.
Always crashes, missing parts, seeing error messages, inaccessible menus and unable to quit. I must use Taskmanager to close the application.
The uninstaller always leaves folders and files.
Also this version gives trouble on Windows 7 and removed itself on Windows 8.1
I had to reinstall my computer due some other problems and this started the problems with Origin. I couldn't find an older version. Also copying files form computer to another doesn't work too.

I had reinstalled Windows now for 5 times and Origin is still not working. All other applications and games are working again. I went back to the computer store and still nothing.
It's not Windows 10. More users are experiencing various problems when using Origin, before and after playing games via this application.
This garbage software is very poor designed and not well tested.
Same for the website too, always login failed.

Message 11 of 21 (1,388 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hello,

I reinstalled my Windows 10 for 4th time in 2 years. On my other computers I can use Windows for longer time.

Still, Origin application doesn't start for first time after the installation. All my other applications and games will work.
After attempt number 12 the application will start now and I'm able to login.
I'm still seeing some error messages and crashes. I can download my games.
But, I can't change the download location. Origin crashes at every attempt to change the download locations.

I'm experiencing known problems on Windows 7 too, from network connection errors to unable to install that new update.
Origin application will always restart when clicking on the link and later the same message at top is back.

So far, any reply to my question wasn't helpful.
I contacted the manufacturer from my computer, nothing then silence at that side.
Due several other problems, I brought back my computer to the store.

Where can I find an older version?

Message 12 of 21 (1,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having the same issue on my Windows 10 PC. I had no reason to use Origin until Apex Legends released, but after downloading it All i see are gray bikes and white background,

Message 13 of 21 (1,328 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@XGC_iNYoFace, Was Windows 10 already installed on your computer?

I'm experiencing a lot of problems, everytime after a Windows Update gets installed, my computer begins to act strange, from becoming slow in simple Windows actions to disappearing hardware.
I see many blue screens with restart loop. Then I can reinstall Windows with my games and applications again.

Do you see gray things on a white background too? In the application? On the website?

Did you reinstalled the Origin client?
Some security software and applications running in the background may conflict when it.
Are you using a wired internet access?

Message 14 of 21 (1,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow I am having the exact same problem and I pay for the basic monthly service as well and after the most recent update I can't use the origin app or website. Obviously it's on EA that much is very clear. It is also shocking that after reading through all these posts about this very issue that the technical support from EA just stop responding to you guys all toghter. I'll make it easy for you EA refund me and anyone whom is paying for your service that can no longer accesss the service after your most recent update. Or I can copy and paste and screenshot this entire thread and email it to the FCC and the FTC and see what they have to say about it. 

Message 15 of 21 (1,226 Views)

★★★ Newbie

please do that because EA seems to have stopped caring.

Message 16 of 21 (1,165 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko bump
Message 17 of 21 (945 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Marked solved, to close this subject / topic.

Solution that worked for me: Using Windows 7.

Greetings.
Message 18 of 21 (5,923 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Good thing I have a Win7 Machine still working  Thanks

Message 19 of 21 (650 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is happening again.  As of 1am Eastern the 21st Jan 2021 the Origin Portal no longer works.  Reinstalling only causes ERROR 10.0

Message 20 of 21 (648 Views)