Problems with Origin application and website.

by RealSimmor0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problems with Origin application and website.

★★★★★ Expert

Hello,

I'm experiencing some problems with the application and website from Origin.
After I'm reinstalled my Windows 10 computer, the Origin application and website don't work anymore.
So far I'm using the Origin application, it did work.

Origin application
The available version on their website contains many problems and was poorly created.

With multiple attempts:
  • Application doesn't start for first time after I installed it.
  • Application crashes a lot, not responding anymore and unable to close it. I must use Taskmanager to close the Origin application.
  • Application doesn't show content at both sides.
  • Application crashes when move or put mouse cursor on the menu bar.
  • There are only black shapes and dark gray shapes visible.
  • Application shows some error messages.
  • I see only an empty (white) window with a menubar.
  • Needed filed are not included in setup.
  • Application says I'm not connected to the internet.
  • Application says there is a newer version available, but clicking on the link and after the restart this message still reappear.
  • Needed files are installed in a wrong location. For example: VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing.
  • Application keep asking to login.
  • Application keep asking for to update, but doesn't do update.

I tried multiple times to uninstall the application, remove any files and folder left behind, download another copy from the setup and installed Origin again.
I'm using an administrator account and using a wired internet connection. I created a new user account with administrator rights.
Nothing seems to work. Always crashes with a few error messages. Always there is no content. Always an inaccessible menu.

In the meantime: I installed my other applications and games. I downloaded and installed other applications. These will work at first run! And still working after they asked to download the updates.

The installed version from the Origin application on Windows 7 seems to work. Less crashes and error messages. Only at beginning of this month, it became useless.
I also tried to copy the data from the Windows 7 computer to the Windows 10 computer. This doesn't work either. This will result in more crashes, missing content or just seeing more error messages.
The Origin application on Windows 7 is older and doesn't ask to update it.

Origin website
The website from Origin doesn't work well. There is not much, when I'm visiting the website. Almost every time there's no content. Loading goes slow and can freeze the webbrowser.
I cannot login, a popup windows shows for a few seconds and then says login is failed. Even when I tried later, minutes, hours, days and months. I'm able to login on the forums.
Text from game titles are visible, but their pictures will not appear or appear after a long time.
Also, there dark gray and black shapes instead of normal content at left side. They seems to flash, getting darker and back to their normal color shade.
Sometimes there's only a gray colored spinning circle. This doesn't stop.
Reloading the webpage and removing cookies don't improve it.
Restarting webbrowser or computer don't solve anything.
I tried some time later and using another user account too. I'm using a wired internet connection.
If you don't count the advertising breaks, I'm able to watch YouTube videos with duration from half hour without interruption. So, it could not be the internet speed.

I'm not the only one, who's experiencing problems with Origin, by a quick search on these forums.

Who can help me?

Greetings

Message 1 of 21 (8,490 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problems with Origin application and website.

★★★★★ Expert
Marked solved, to close this subject / topic.

Solution that worked for me: Using Windows 7.

Greetings.

View in thread

Message 18 of 21 (5,869 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @RealSimmor0 sorry to see that you are having issues but I would imagine that these are a result of systems issues rather than Origin. That it works on Win 7 for you would point in this direction.

First thing to do, would you mind clearing the Origin Cache:

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 21 (8,460 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hello @EA_Darko,

Origin application and website do not work for me. These are problems related to the Origin side. I'm not the only one.
Clearing the Origin Cache doesn't solve it. I did this everytime after I ran the uninstaller. I searched for Origin on my computer and delete any of them. Or rename them.
In Temp folders from my user folder and Windows. In Roaming folder and Local folder located in the AppData folder.
Why doesn't Origin uninstaller remove all files and folders?
I reinstalled Origin application already too much!
I need the version from 2 years ago, this one worked on Windows 10.

Greetings

Message 3 of 21 (8,437 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @RealSimmor0 if the issue was with Origin then it would affect more users, that it works on your older OS points to an issue with your new one.

Did you follow the steps I shared above exactly or clear the Origin cache your own way?

Have you tried safe mode with networking, if not then if the issue remains after clearing the cache using the steps I shared above please try safe mode.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 21 (8,431 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hello @EA_Darko,

Yes I did. Like I said before. At ever reinstall of Origin application. This does not solve anything.
Application doesn't start, shows error messages of crashes. There's no content. Already at first use after the installation.
I see gray or black shapes or just a white page. There were no menus. Says I'm offline.
The message about there's a new version available doesn't disappear.
I reinstalled more them 6 times, each give other problems.

The current version what's available to download on the website doesn't work on Windows 10. The version that what was available 2 to 3 years ago worked.
All other applications do work of the reinstall of Windows 10. But Origin doesn't. Why?

Origin on Windows 7 gave several same problems. Reached its peak at begin of this month.
Unable to login. Says I'm not connected to internet. I see many (error) messages, no content, black or gray shapes. Keep asking to login, got stuck in a loop.
I could not install a game, downloading seems to work, but installing fails.
Also I copied the Origin folder from the Windows 7 computer to the Windows 10 computer. This doesn't work too.
Keep asking to login and installing a newer version. Then crashes again and back where we are, after the restart of Origin.
I installed on a computer with Windows 8.1 and later Origin disappears with the installed games.

If I need to use Safe Mode to install Origin, this will mean something is wrong with it for sure.

Yes, some other uses have also problems with Origin, at install or while using it.

The website doesn't work too.

Please, let the design team known to look after this and quickly to fix both !

Greetings.

Message 5 of 21 (8,422 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @RealSimmor0 if you can install it in safe mode then this would actually point to the issue being a conflicting program or an issue with your system.

I uninstalled Origin off my machine which is running the most up to date version of Windows 10 and was able to reinstall and launch games without issue. I am also able to browse and use the website.

Can you try the safe mode and also grab a DxDiag for us to look at: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 21 (8,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've performed all the steps as you mentioned before.  However, it didn't solve my problem at all.  Only seeing white and gray glowing bars where there should be letters and pictures.

Attached is my DxDiag file so you could see if it's my system (something conflicting), or it's an Origin/EA issue.

I'm running Windows 7 - 64 Bit.

Message 7 of 21 (8,336 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

See, @EA_Darko, @DarthVader1969 has the same problem too.
The conflicting application is Origin, for sure. I took me 6 attempt to install, before I see content.
Application always freezes when I try to change download location. I must use Taskmanager to close the Origin application.

My other applications and games don't have this. I brought back to the store too and they didn't find anything.
I installed Origin application on Windows 8.1. A few days later, the Origin application and installed games where gone.
I'm still unable to login on the website, but on forums here this is possible.

Please let the team known to quickly fix them!

Message 8 of 21 (8,331 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having issued. Brand new laptop windows 10. I have installed origin and hame and throughout it crashes. This is an origin issued not an issue with pc/laptop. Taken laptop back to supplier who has looked into. Origin seem to be having glitches and thos has been reported many times by other users but origin dont seem to be taking responsibilty for it. Even if we not playing an origin game this still crashes the system. We have removed origin and system works great as soon as we load back on it crashes the system!! 

Message 9 of 21 (8,252 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having issues, Brand new laptop windows 10. I have installed origin and game and throughout it crashes. This is an origin issue not an issue with pc/laptop. Taken laptop back to supplier who has looked into. Origin seem to be having glitches and this has been reported many times by other users but origin dont seem to be taking responsibilty for it. Even if we not playing an origin game this still crashes the system. We have removed origin and system works great but as soon as we load back on it crashes the system!! 

Message 10 of 21 (8,252 Views)