Re: Payment error in Origin [ref. #10048]

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem with Origin Payment Method

★★★ Novice

I have attempted to purchase 1000 Apex coins on the Origin Store, and everytime I try to pay it notifies me of my payment method being "Invalid" although I've used the same card before to purchase products. My Card and Paypal still work on other services and I've called my bank and there seems to be no problem at all. 

I have been in the Live chat services twice now and the solutions I've been given has done nothing to fix my issue. I just want to purchase a product from the origin store, but it won't let me. I've even tried with a different card, but the issue is all the same "Invalid payment method" [ref. #10048].

Am I supposed to just not use EA's services again? Because at the moment my paitience with this issue is extremely thin. I've Never had such problems with the Steam Store, Ubisoft Store or Epic Games' Store.

What more is that the same issue dates all the way back to 2012 and has still not been fixed in 7 years!

I've been on this platform since 2011 and never experienced such a problem, but now it seems I can't use this account to purchase anything again and I will Not resort to creating a secondary account just because EA's systems are messed up.

Message 1 of 6 (3,586 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with Origin Payment Method

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @TKBauer. What you can try is removing all payment information from your Origin account and then logging out of Origin before relaunching it and adding your payment information again. You need to ensure that your details are identical to that which your bank has on file also.

Let me know if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,552 Views)

All Replies

Re: Problem with Origin Payment Method

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @TKBauer. What you can try is removing all payment information from your Origin account and then logging out of Origin before relaunching it and adding your payment information again. You need to ensure that your details are identical to that which your bank has on file also.

Let me know if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (3,553 Views)

Payment error in Origin [ref. #10048]

★★★ Novice

I get this error trying to use either Paypal, or a Credit card.

Paypal worked fine for other purchases recently.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

S

Message 3 of 6 (3,497 Views)

Re: Payment error in Origin [ref. #10048]

Community Manager

If you are seeing the error @scio1ist can you try clearing your Origin Cache and your browser cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

You can clear the browser cache by following the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clearing-your-browsers-cache/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (3,439 Views)

Unable to purchase FIFA 20

★★★ Novice

For the last few days I have been failing to buy FIFA 20 Standard Edition (Origin PC version). I tried to use Paypal (Error 10048) and three different credit cards (card couldn't be verified), from both my PC and phone and even tried some methods that were used here before to solve Err. 10048 (different browsers, incognito chrome)... Nothing works for me Frown

Does someone have a solution?

Message 5 of 6 (3,407 Views)

Re: Unable to purchase FIFA 20

★ Novice
@CreekOrg Same for me
Message 6 of 6 (3,190 Views)