Price discrepency on The Sims

by MlleAimee

Original Post

Price discrepency on The Sims

★★★ Newbie

I contacted customer service via the website, and they said that the only way to receive resolution was to post a complaint to the forums.  The sims bundle (https://www.origin.com/hkg/en-us/store/build-a-bundle/sims4) is advertised at hk$301.76, but on checkout, the price jumps to hk$351.43.  So the price advertised does not match the price charged.  This is classified as unfair trade practices in HK if a price advertised can't be delivered upon.  As a note, there is no VAT in HK, so that doesn't explain any price differences

Message 1 of 2 (176 Views)

Re: Price discrepency on The Sims

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @MlleAimee,

Thanks for including those details and the helpful image. Seeing older offers in the store can be due to caching issues. For those cases, we just need to clear the cache to allow the current offers to be updated and display for you in the store. 

Could you follow the steps in this EA Help article to clear your Origin cache? Please let us know if the prices in the store remained the same or updated. Feel free to share a screenshot of the before and after too. It should help us see what you're seeing on your screen. 

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)