Potential security risk with origin software

by tanner726

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Potential security risk with origin software

★★★ Newbie

Hello

A week ago I came across the fact that Origin online login does not have a attempted tries limit, therefore someone can use a botnet and crack any system they please. Origin may have thought that the loading screen is a way to significantly increase time spent, but there are ways around it.

Also if the user changed there password on there account, you can go offline and brute force your way back into it because you already logged into the account.

I have already reported this multiple times with you guys and I don't want to see EA get hacked because it is a very good company.

I know this may sound greedy but one of the main reasons I did this is because I heared of a man who reported a security concern to Facebook, and he got a 15k reward. Also college is not cheap, plus i need plane fair to fly to Cali and apply for a job at your wonderful company (:

If someone can please tell me what the status of this issue is, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Tanner

Message 1 of 4 (351 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Potential security risk with origin software

Community Manager

Hey @tanner726 thanks for taking the time to post and share your concerns with us.

We take security very seriously which is why if you enter your password incorrectly a number of times you will be asked to accept a Captcha confirming that you are not a robot which will then trigger a series of pop up windows in which you will be asked to select certain squares in order to prove that you are not a bot up to no good.

Hope that clears up your concerns.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (326 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @tanner726 thanks for taking the time to post and share your concerns with us.

We take security very seriously which is why if you enter your password incorrectly a number of times you will be asked to accept a Captcha confirming that you are not a robot which will then trigger a series of pop up windows in which you will be asked to select certain squares in order to prove that you are not a bot up to no good.

Hope that clears up your concerns.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (327 Views)

★★ Novice

When the software is created then different types of security risks are involved firstly you have to tackle them. As you said when you try to login then software it save your login details which helps when you attempt the second time. So when you're planning to design such type of software then you should get more details which helps to understand the user needs. 

Message 3 of 4 (199 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @annijonn please do not bump older threads in this manner as it is considered spam.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (165 Views)