Possible to download games and play up to 6 months no connectivity? (Military)

by MlynneD24

Original Post

Possible to download games and play up to 6 months no connectivity? (Military)

★★★ Newbie

I'm new to how Origin works pretty much.

Due to unforeseen circumstances with the coronavirus, I will be going on a 3-6 month deployment with no wifi/data connectivity from the laptop that I will be bringing. 

If I download games, can I continue to play them offline during that timeframe?

I ask specifically because most music apps will delete downloaded/offline content after 30 days of the device not connecting to wifi or data. I do not want Origin to delete games or freeze them after 30 days without my laptop connecting online. 

Message 1 of 2 (192 Views)

Re: Possible to download games and play up to 6 months no connectivity? (Militar

Community Manager

@MlynneD24 

Some games do require connectivity in order to play. Need for Speed Heat for example. 

You can check the small print at the bottom of each product page to check the connectivity requirements of specific games.

Take a look at the example below, it says "INTERNET CONNECTION; EA ACCOUNT; ACCEPTANCE OF EA USER AGREEMENT (terms.ea.com), PRIVACY AND COOKIE POLICY (privacy.ea.com) AND ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (ea.com/legal); INSTALLATION OF THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (origin.com/download) AND REGISTRATION WITH SINGLE-USE PRODUCT CODE REQUIRED TO PLAY AND ACCESS DELUXE CONTENT."

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (151 Views)