Re: Pop-up Message: 'Local Content provider detected'

by mizundaconstrucn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pop-up Message: 'Local Content provider detected'

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna  Can you explain what this is or means please? I’ve never seen this before! 

(CM: Edited to update thread title)

Message 1 of 8 (2,099 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@mizundaconstrucn 

Heya,

Origin switches you over for certain types of connection; e.g. if you're at a LAN party. The reason for this is so you're able to cache game updates so not every individual has to download them separately (which would increase bandwidth use by a lot).

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,064 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@mizundaconstrucn 

Heya,

Origin switches you over for certain types of connection; e.g. if you're at a LAN party. The reason for this is so you're able to cache game updates so not every individual has to download them separately (which would increase bandwidth use by a lot).

Message 2 of 8 (2,065 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, but why does it say disable safe downloading?  I didn’t accept it and when I went to the path to enable manually the option isn’t there in my origin...... which is suspicious because it said it could be done manually. 

Message 3 of 8 (2,056 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mizundaconstrucn 

Safe Mode Downloading was removed a while back, as for downloads we switched over from http to https connections by default (it's more secure). This means the safe mode function wasn't necessary anymore.

This change also meant that our players in the aforementioned connections (e.g. LAN party) could no longer avail from http downloads to cache game updates. What we did to solve this is have Origin auto detect the connection type, to still make that available. The reason you're seeing this message is that you appear to be on a connection type that fits into that scenario.

What I'll do is have the messaging reviewed as it looks like it needs to be updated.

Message 4 of 8 (2,052 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok thank you. 

Message 5 of 8 (2,042 Views)

★★ Guide

Can anyone tell me what happened with this situation because I just got this same message while doing a game repair for TS4?

I'm going to select, not now, because I still have no idea what that message means even after reading the comments.

Message 6 of 8 (1,846 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm at home on my personal wifi. I am not part of any party. Is this a bug? 

Message 7 of 8 (1,777 Views)

★ Novice
@mizundaconstrucn What did you click
Message 8 of 8 (1,528 Views)