Please add the game purchased from Origin to Steam.

by AK09G

Original Post

Please add the game purchased from Origin to Steam.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I bought a game from Origin before, but I usually use Steam because the Origin platform is inconvenient.

I'm very happy that the Origin Games have been released in Steam.

However, do customers who purchased from the existing origin have to purchase from Steam again?

Those who own existing Origin games want to add own Origin Games to the Steam account.

Even if I buy EA game from Steam anyway, I have to connect to the origin account, right?

Then, my account will have 2 same games, and the Origin library will be a mess.

We've already paid more to purchase EA games from existing origins than the Steam discount price, and I think we should be able to choose a platform that gamers think is comfortable to play, just like why EA made a comeback to Steam.

In this regard, I think this situation, which requires buying the same game twice, lacks consideration for those who have believed in EA and Origin so far.

Just as we recently provided steam links to existing owner of Fallout 76 in Bethesda.net, we hope that EA will benefit existing owner.

It may be too much right now, but I hope there is a hopeful message.

Message 1 of 2 (1,431 Views)

Re: Please add the game purchased from Origin to Steam.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@AK09GFound a topic about that from november last year. The EA employee who answered there said they weren't aware of any plan to allow that: LINK

Ant then there's this one from june 12 of this year, where the official answer is still sadly NO: LINK

Message 2 of 2 (1,384 Views)