Plants vs zombies battle for Neighborville

by MrWheatz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Plants vs zombies battle for Neighborville

★★★ Novice

Whenever I open the game my pc makes a soft whistling/whining sound. It last for a few seconds then stops. I don’t know if I should be worried about this because the noise only happens when I start up the game. I would like to know what’s going on, and if I need to post my pc specs as well. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8 (806 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plants vs zombies battle for Neighborville

Community Manager

Hey @MrWheatz it sounds like coil whine which is not something that you can really do anything about.

Coil whine is a noise creating by an electronic component vibrating as power runs through it.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (704 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

That's an odd one @MrWheatz. Could it be the fans kicking in or going a little faster?

It could be coil whine which is quite common. It is possible to record the sound when you hear it?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (775 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko ! Thanks for the reply. I've managed to record the sound, but it kept saying the file is unsupported so I posted it on Youtube instead. Sorry for the bad quality audio. Thanks again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GTbMA-1Fmo&feature=youtu.be 

Message 3 of 8 (727 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MrWheatz it sounds like coil whine which is not something that you can really do anything about.

Coil whine is a noise creating by an electronic component vibrating as power runs through it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (705 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi again @EA_Darko ! Does this harm my computer in anyway? Should I be worried about it? Thanks!

Message 5 of 8 (690 Views)

Community Manager

If it is coil whine then it's nothing to really be worried about @MrWheatz. It won't really have an adverse effect on your PC and won't cause any issues in relation to the performance or longevity of your system. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (663 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks so much for all the help @EA_Darko , really appreciate it!

Message 7 of 8 (641 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to be of help @MrWheatz.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (627 Views)