Re: Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Displayname field missing

by Theynine

Original Post

Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Displayname field missing

★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to launch Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, EasyAntiCheat comes up with  no problems, but as soon as it's done, a message pops up saying "We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate DisplayName field missing from registry, on this computer using your account. Please try again later. I've tried Uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and origin. I've also tried disabling my firewall, and repairing the game and EasyAntiCheat. Nothing has worked and I haven't been able to play for months. Please help.

Message 1 of 4 (622 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GalexyBoy2000 the best thing to do is to do a clean install of Origin (https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/) and ensure that when installing and launching you are doing so as administrator.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, I completely uninstalled origin (using the "hard way" method as described in the site you shared) and we are still having the same error. I ran origin as Administrator, and I tried launching the game as administrator, from the .exe in the folder, with no luck.

ScreenCapture.PNG

Message 3 of 4 (556 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@GalexyBoy2000 I received this error when I tried to launch Battlefield V,
"To play DisplayName Field missing from registry\.,you must first activate it on your EA account". The game no longer shows up in my library.
Message 4 of 4 (525 Views)