Permission Required - Helper Tool Error [Mac]

by tophertaylor12

Original Post

[MAC] Origin- Sims 4 Wont open

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I download sims 4 through origin yesterday on my macbook air, after downloading origin it doesn't open and continues peoppiing up with "permission required" install helper. When i click install helper it just continues to repeat itself with the pop up returning. I haven't been able to open origin up full and play the purchased game. Not sure what is going on but can it be fixed if not will i be entitled to a refund since it doesn't work.

@nataliepng moved your post to the ongoing Origin thread on this issue - Bluebellflora.

Message 291 of 557 (1,435 Views)

Re: Why wont Origin 9.10.1 install the helper tool on my Mac OS X 10.8.5?

★★ Novice
God bless you! Finally working for me- been on this all day trying to find a solution.

Updated to most recent OS and then uninstalled and reinstalled and worked absolutely fine- thank you to Bluebellflora and their step by step guide.
EA and Origin you absolute shambles you should be ashamed. Robbing *^#*%^

Rant over! Thanks Bluebellflora
Message 292 of 557 (1,567 Views)

@ImminentProphet2 Did you follow my guide to get rid of every single Origin file and folder? It's really important that nothing is left behind before you reinstall.

@profpoom great Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 293 of 557 (1,557 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora wrote:

@ImminentProphet2 Did you follow my guide to get rid of every single Origin file and folder? It's really important that nothing is left behind before you reinstall.

@profpoom great Standard smile

I followed your guide. It's an issue with Origins. I have no problems with using blizzard or steam games. This is only happening with Origins. 

Message 294 of 557 (1,531 Views)

Re: [MAC] Origin- Sims 4 Wont open

★★ Novice
After several hours I figured out that my flash player needed to be updated as soon as I updated origin loaded and that pop up disappeared. Regardless I would have appreciated is ea or origins team responded back and helped rather than me having to figure it out on my own.
Now problem number to, why has it taken over 5 hours for my game to download
Message 295 of 557 (1,512 Views)

[MAC] Origin is not installed/asks for helper tool - still not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello,

I just purchased the Sims 4 Spa Day this afternoon and now my Sims or Origin account will not work. When I've tried to open my origin account (I'm on a Mac) it doesn't respond and continuously pops up with "Permission Required - Origin needs your permission to install a helper tool in order to continue" once I click install it usually doesn't respond and then asks me for my permission again. I've tried deleting my origin download in application and re-install but still doesn't work. When opening the Sims 4, it also comes up with "We're sorry an error has occurred. Origin is not installed, and is required to play your game. (DUH!) Please reinstall origin.

Can anybody please assist?

@Bree171293 I've moved your post to this thread in the Origin forum - BluebellFlora

Message 296 of 557 (1,438 Views)

★ Apprentice

At what time will the update roll out? Can't wait to get back to my Sims Standard smile

Message 297 of 557 (1,480 Views)

★★ Novice
It's still not working for me....this really sucks!
Message 298 of 557 (1,458 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well. I Finally got the stupid thing to run. I concluded by looking into the log file that the problem probably was the OriginESImpl.dylib. That one is overwritten as the new software is downloaded from EA servers. What I did was to simply copy that from the original installation dmg.

cp /Volumes/Origin/Origin.app/Contents/MacOS/OriginESImpl.dylib  /Applications/Origin.app/Contents/MacOS/OriginESImpl.dy

At least now it starts and my thirteen year old is happy again. Shame on you EA not to be able to solve this sooner.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Message 299 of 557 (1,457 Views)

@Bree171293

How did you purchase Spa Day if you cannot open Origin? Which version of OS X are you running?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 300 of 557 (1,421 Views)