Re: Paying via Paypal Account

by kailedude

Original Post

EA DICE Team

@101ACRsims3

Hi,

It seems the payment isn't going through, though I'm able to determine the exact reason. 

Is all the information on your PayPal account correct, and does it correspond with the information on your EA account? If available, you can also try another payment method in the meantime.

@SWBII-Fan

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I do understand your concerns, but all payment information is stored securely. This is common policy for online stores so this will not be changed at the moment.

If you are hesitant about storing your payment data, then you can always simply pre-order at the very last minute.

Kind regards,

Message 41 of 64 (2,057 Views)

★★ Novice

So, what's the point of it requiring to have a credit card? Because of, or rather despite this, I was able to buy origin e-cards off of the walmart website without a linked credit card and proceeded to redeem those. Either way I'm paying without a credit card, so what's the point of needing it with paypal?

Message 42 of 64 (2,036 Views)

★★★ Novice
Dude. You dont. You can link it with your iban.
Message 43 of 64 (2,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a linked card and everything but I cant pay with my paypal account , why ?!

Message 44 of 64 (1,988 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What the *? Why can't I pay with my PayPal balance? This is some wonky * *. How the * do you manage to * up literally everything you do, Origin? You are the absolute worst ever.

Message 45 of 64 (1,918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How can it be a Debit card if we already have Our debit cards linked to our paypal to pay for this and Origin won't take Debit cards if you live in other parts of the word.
   Kind of stupid if you ask me because about 60% of the globe use paypal because they do not have Credit Cards

Message 46 of 64 (1,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i had this problem and fixed it somehow.. i still post even if this thread is old..

So for me it seamed that it messed up for meany possible reasons.. i havent bought a game on origin since 2015 .. i used the paypal app on my phone recently and i had this problem with other purchases..

i messed around here and there and tired again all the time. but in the end it worked and didnt ask me for a credit/debit card

-so what i did was cancel all my active subsciptions on the google play store (from my phone) and on the paypal acount (from my computer)

-Update my home adress on paypal that was way out of date.

- linked/confirmed my phone to my paypal account. ( i think this was the main problem)

-Deleted my payment methode on EA origin.

retried and it worked !

Hope this helps !

Message 47 of 64 (1,577 Views)

★★ Novice

When will this be fixed? I want to use my PayPal balance and not my Credit card!

Message 48 of 64 (1,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am unable to purchase anything via my PayPal balance, I have 16 dollars in my account and I'm buying Titanfall 2 and it won't let me because I need to link a card. The issue is that I don't have a card to link. This is not a pre-order or anything like that. Why can't I just buy a game via PayPal balance? 

Message 49 of 64 (1,446 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have waited for Seasons expansion to be released. Day of release I eagerly logged on to purchase. Went through the purchase steps only to be told "Whoops! There appears to be a problem with your provider payment method. Unable to complete your purchase at this time." What the hell! Never had any issues like this when purchasing from you lot before.

Changed to using my Paypal account, still no success. Contacted your on line tech assist. What a waste of time & data, he was about as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike!

Started researching to find out how to resolve this problem. Yet another waste of time & data. Seems this is a common issue with you mob! Where is your customer focus? Certainly not in ensuring payment systems are robust, inclusive & problem free.

Oh, before you ask, yes I have checked all details, accounts etc & all info is correct, updated & input where/as required. Your company must not want any sales!

Message 50 of 64 (1,374 Views)